Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Where is Libby’s?

Am I the only one who can not find Libby’s canned pumpkin?  I can’t remember the last time I saw it on the self at the grocery store.  I used to be able to purchase it all year round.  I think the last time it was at my local store was during the fall holiday season.  What is up???  Anyone? 

This morning I decided to cheat on my beloved Libby’s with a can of the Whole Foods brand.  It really feels like ages since the last time I consumed pumpkin oats. 

 

DSC06873

 

I fixed that this morning.  I added the pumpkin along with a banana and lots of cinnamon to my oatmeal.  It was glorious!!!  Definitely not as good as Libby’s but it will have to do for now.  The 365 brand is not as thick as Libby’s and the pumpkin flavor isn’t as strong. 

 

DSC06876 

I tried one of the tea cups in  my new single cup brewer

 

DSC06879

 

It was stellar!!  Still in love with my new contraption. 

 

DSC06877 

Now if you will excuse me there is a little boy in need of a wash down.  Must make sure to get behind the ears (you would be surprised by what I have found back there).  Little boys can be so grimy on the outside but so sweet at heart. 

Have a great day.

6 comments:

itsawrapteacher said...

I thought I was the only one who noticed the difference between the two pumpkins!! Where is my Libby's?

Diana @ frontyardfoodie said...

Mmmm Pumpkin. I love it because it reminds me of family. Why is it that family always serves pumpkin when they get together?

Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc?

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

I'm having the same problem, no Libby's :(

I think the 365 brand is okay but it's just not the same. I definitely noticed the difference in the consistency too, like you did.

I want to get a single cup brewer soon! I love that they make tea and coffee "pods" for it :)

Jess said...

Actually, I heard that Libby's stopped canning temporarily due to a really poor pumpkin crop last year. Supposedly they'll return in the fall but in the meantime I don't think there is any to be found. I live in NYC where you can get ANYTHING and there is not a can of Libbys in sight. I wish I had stocked up more when I used to see it.

lisampls said...

yep, i heard exactly what jess wrote. there was a shortage of good pumpkin this year due to unfavorable weather. created a nationwide shortage. i'm in MN, we ran out of pumpkin in stores here before thanksgiving!!!

Sammie said...

Thanks for the info regarding the pumpkin shortage. I had not heard that. I guess I will have to wait until the fall to have Libby's again.