Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Did I forget it?

I planned on making a repeat batch of pumpkin oats for breakfast today.  I was hustling this morning since D and I had to be at the gym by 8:30 for my weekly gig.  Somehow the pumpkin never made it into my bowl.  Of course I did not even realize it until I was brushing my teeth. I said to myself  - “did I forget to add the pumpkin?”  While consuming said bowl of yumminess I thought it looked a little naked.  That’s why.

So I just added that orange creamy goodness to my lunch salad.  It totally worked well with all the other components and made for a very tasty dish.

 DSC06880

 

Cottage cheese is always a nice addition to a bed of greens – at least in my book.

 

DSC06881 

Along with a dollop of hummus. 

Anyone else adore raw cauliflower?  I would much rather eat it raw then cooked.  I think it is a texture thing.  I love that it is super crunchy.  I do not dig it when it is all mushy.

 

DSC06884

 

I doused the entire salad with paprika, cumin and cinnamon.  The spices really give it some life.  Salad dressing can be over powering to the veggies - this blend of spice really just enhances their natural flavor.

Today is flying by.  It is almost time to go retrieve D from school.  Where did my afternoon go?  Oh yeah, I was cleaning and doing laundry – typical mommy duties.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

7 comments:

Jess said...

Love the look of your salad. Actually, one of my favorite things is to make "pumpkin cottage cheese". Just a mix of canned pumpkin, cottage cheese, hefty sprinkle of cinnamon and, admittedly, a packet of splenda. So good!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie said...

I love cottage cheese on salad! Or anything for that matter.

Your spice combination is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Yummm pumpkin and cottage cheese sounds great!

www.theskinnyondietitians.com

A@ Please Don't Eat Me! said...

i think that i forgot to respond to your comment from a couple of weeks ago.. so I FORGOT IT!
i love your salad! it looks so tasty!
i cant believe how small our mommy circles are sometimes, such a small world you know?!!! i loved that park, and the fair! so fun!

wholewheatorbust said...

Oh my gosh girl, trying to find Libbys is like searching for the lost city. And the price is up! I finally found a can but for 3 dollars! It used to be 85 cents :*(. Anywho, pumpkin oats is my fave. Cheers to that!

lisasfoods said...

I love adding pumpkin to oats, but I have yet to try cottage cheese. I bet it would be good - would be a little like pumpkin cheesecake for breakfast.

Susan said...

You know what is really yummy? Cottage cheese mixed with a crushed clover of garlic, some EVOO, and a ton of freshly cracked black pepper! My husband taught me this and it is really delicious. I hope you'll try it!