Monday, March 8, 2010

They Turned out Flat

After my workout this morning I really had a hankering for a plate of luscious pancakes.  I searched my collection of cookbooks for inspiration.  I always end up changing some part of the recipe and of course I did just that with my pancake concoction today.  Unfortunately my pancakes turned out flat. 

Here’s my recipe:

1/2 cup oat flour

1/2 cup low fat buttermilk (I used 1/2 cup milk soured with vinegar since I did not     have butter milk on hand – maybe that is way my pancakes were so lifeless??)

1 egg

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

pinch of salt

I topped them with banana slices and sunflower seed butter.  These are definitely not a pancake for those who like sweet cakes as I did not add any sweetener.  I actually prefer them this way so that I can add the flavor accompaniments to the top.

 

0308100819 

Sorry for the not so lovely photo.  When I went to turn on my camera this morning it was all out of juice – weird, I have not really used it that much lately.  Hopefully some time on the charger will do it some good.

Even though I did not have a plate of fluffy pancakes, these did hit the spot.  Next time I make them I am going to use whole wheat flour and make sure to use the real deal buttermilk.  I swear that it made all the difference in the pancakes I made my guys a while back. 

I hope you have a great Monday. 

No comments: