Thursday, March 11, 2010

Strawberry & Banana

The flavor combo of strawberry & banana is like peanut butter & Jelly or chocolate & peanut butter if you like.  The two are meant for each other.  I’m not saying that strawberries ONLY taste good with bananas or vice versa.  I happen to like each one on there own but when you put them together it is like a mouth full of joy. 

So when I started my day with this bowl of deliciousness, I was off to a great start – at least my tummy was.  

 

DSC06669

 

Good old oat bran cooked with Sun Warrior Vanilla protein powder and water.  I topped it with banana slices and Trader Joe’s Organic Reduced Sugar Strawberry Preserves.  AMAZING!!!  Now that’s what I call a great breakfast. 

How did you start your day?  Are you a hot or cold cereal person?  Or do you prefer eggs, pancakes or waffles?  Maybe you eat something totally out of the ordinary. I’d love to hear about it. 

I hope you are having a great Thursday. 

 

1 comment:

susan said...

hi sammie! those preserves look really yummy there. for breakfast in the summer i love bananas, berries, yogurt, and muesli or granola. in the winter, i love banana with pb on toast or some fruit bread like apple, banana, or pear. pretty ordinary i guess!