Monday, March 8, 2010

Do you have a favorite sandwich?

Besides PB & J I would have to say that my favorite sandwich would be a simple cheese sammie with some veggies to add good crunch. 

My favorite cheese is definitely swiss but I also adore provolone.  I remember when I was a very wee one, my dad would buy provolone cheese for me when I would stay over his house on the weekends (well that was until he moved all the way to Florida).  I’ve been a huge fan of the strong flavored cheeses ever since.

For lunch today I made a super yummy double cheesy delight – swiss & provolone with lettuce and zucchini on whole wheat bread.  I also spread a little smear of mustard on there for some tangy goodness. 

 

DSC06638

 

Accompanying my sandwich was a few more zucchini spears and a sweet golden delicious apple. 

 

DSC06640

 

Such a simple lunch but oh so belly pleasing.

How was your day?  Hopefully your week is off to a good start.

Do you have a favorite sandwich?

2 comments:

Jess said...

Gouda and cheddar grilled cheese with a thick slice of tomato. Delicious!

Lisa Eirene said...

Oooh, Jess's sandwich sounds good! I love gouda cheese.

My favorite sandwich is grilled cheese. A close second would be peanut butter and banana with honey. :)