Wednesday, March 17, 2010

All About the Green

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!!!  Did you all wear green?  Of course we did, I mean we are sporting the Irish name and all (our last name is O’Toole in case you did not know).  How could I let my little Irish boy – Declan O’Toole – not celebrate the day that is ALL about the green?  He wore green pants, a green shirt, a green sweatshirt, a green vest and he even had green on his sneakers.  He looked mighty festive. 

On a foodie note, I made sure to get in my greens at every meal.

BREAKFAST:

Green eggs (that would be spinach and 0ne whole egg), on a whole wheat bagel

 

DSC06692

 

LUNCH:

A plate of random goodies that included leftover cooked zucchini & red pepper, hummus, chopped apple and a sandwich thin topped with swiss and jack cheese. 

 

 

DSC06693

 

DINNER:

Whole wheat wrap topped with hummus, spinach and zucchini.  I ate the rest of the zucchini on the side. 

 

 

DSC06698 

 

Eating my greens is not really difficult since I tend to eat a diet that is very heavy on the veggies.  And zucchini just happens to be one of my favorites. 

Did you eat anything special for St. Patrick’s Day?  Any corned beef and cabbage eaters?  I’ve never been a fan.  I hope you had yourself a lucky day. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Your blog is so nice! I miss when you updated daily, but totally understand why you don't anymore :-). Are you still running as much?

Just a question, do you count calories? and is that all you ate that day? I don't mean to question you, but it wasn't a whole lot so perhaps your just writing your main meals?

Anyways, thanks for such a good blog.

Sammie said...

I usually only post my main meals. I always have 2 maybe 3 snacks per day. If they contain something interesting - like a new product then I post those as well. I did not for this particular day.

And, yes, I am still running but not training for anything at the moment.

Anonymous said...

i seriously adore your own posting choice, very interesting,
don't quit as well as keep writing as it just worth to read it,
looking forward to find out additional of your own article content, enjoy your day ;)