Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Who Remembers Goober Grape??

When I was a kid I would always try to talk my mom into buying that crazy looking jar of jelly with streaks of peanut butter (or maybe you thought it was a jar of peanut butter with jelly stripes).  Something about having my two favorite sandwich components in one jar made me a happy kid – and it tasted better for some reason too.  Do you remember Goober Grape?  Apparently there is Goober Strawberry now too – I don’t think that was around when I was a kiddo. 

Well there just happens to be a new PB & J product out there that really reminds me of the flavor combo of that crazy striped spread.

 

DSC06436

 

Oh yeah!!  I finally found the Peanut Butter & Jelly flavor LARABAR.  And it is by far my favorite flavor bar.  Who needs bread?  This little gem is amazing and it really does remind me of eating my all time favorite sandwich.  The nostalgic effect is pretty cool too.  I love the little crunchy bits of peanuts, the chewy dates and tart cherries.  This is a match made for Sammie and I will be buying these whenever I can find them – my local Whole Foods does not carry them – BOO!!!  I picked up a few when we were at the Dedham WF on Saturday. 

Have you tried this flavor LARABAR yet??  Well I highly recommend it to all you PB & J lovers out there. 

I hope you have a wonderful day.

7 comments:

Maria said...

I haven't tried this one. Glad you liked it!

Angie said...

So good! It tastes like an exact combo of the Cherry Pie flavor and Peanut Butter Cookie- too good for words!

Anonymous said...

Hey. I don't normally leave comments, but I just wanted to say thanks for the great information. I have a blog too, though
I don't write as good as you do, but if you want to check it out here it is. Thanks again and have a great day!

Enhancement Shaman Leveling Build

whatkateate said...

i love this flavor. i think its the best one! in regards to the goober grape they still have it & according to nuval its actually pretty nutritious for you!

Kristin Pizzi said...

Peanut butter and jelly is my favorite!! Have you tried the cashew cookie? Another good one :)

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.