Monday, February 15, 2010

American Heritage Chocolate Celebration

On Saturday we decided to go on a road trip to celebrate the holiday of love a day early.  What better way to enjoy Valentine’s Day than with a Chocolate Celebration?

 

DSC06522

 

We started with a sample of the most scrumptious hot cocoa.

 

DSC06526

 

American Heritage Chocolate contains a unique blend of spices that really sets it apart from any other chocolate beverage that I have tasted.  It was slightly sweet and very rich.  It had depth and layers of flavor that I have never tasted in a drinking chocolate before – so yummy!!!  It is definitely a drink for those who adore dark chocolate .  I just happened to be accompanied by two such gents – my guys love their dark chocolate.    And lucky for me it is soy free and made with water.

 

DSC06524

 

D checked out the process that the cacao beans go through on their way to becoming a chocolate bar. 

 

DSC06525

 

We peeked in on the demonstration on cacao roasting.  It was very brief as you can imagine the D man was not into lengthy lectures.  Sorry the photo is blurry.  I was afraid to use a flash – I’m not sure if I was supposed to be taking photos since we were not allowed to photograph the interiors of the houses we toured.

 

 

DSC06528

 

I love the time period attire. Can you even imagine dressing like that every day?  The women really did wear many layers – for warmth, I presume. 

 

DSC06530

 

We go to take a ride on a horse drawn carriage.  D did not enjoy the odor of riding behind horses.  He really has a sensitive sniffer – he always has.

 

 

DSC06523

 

We walked through the Museum Store and few homes.  I really wish that I could have taken pictures – the furniture was just gorgeous.  When I was in college I took a course on the history of furniture so I was in awe by many of the pieces that they have on display. 

 

 

DSC06532

 

Charlie thought the Post Office was really neat.  Compared to the Post Offices we have now this place is teeny. 

 

 

DSC06535

 

Even thought it was a frigid day to be walking around outside, we all had a great time.  We are going to plan a trip back to historic Deerfield when the weather is warmer and hopefully see more of the houses.  Maybe mommy and daddy will try to plan an overnight and stay at the Deerfield Inn.  I can only imagine the rooms to be absolutely breathtaking from the looks of the lobby. 

I hope you had a lovely Valentine’s Day. 

1 comment:

Ana said...

Hot cocoa, yummy!! It looks like you had a lot of fun. How was the carriage ride?