Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Risky Race

Hey guys!  How’s your day?  We had a good one, too bad it had to end with an evening fit brought to us by none other than the D Monster.  He has been having these melt downs around 6:30 and I am not sure if it is because he is SUPER tired or just going through some sort of growth spurt that is making him feel all out of whack.  Well regardless, I just tucked him in and I am willing to bet he will be in dreamland in just a few moments.

So when my alarm went off this morning I had no desire to get out of bed – not normal for me.  I knew that if I got up at that moment, I would regret it later – mommy can not be over tired.  I stayed where I was for another couple hours.

Breakfast was another egg white and oatmeal combo – so fluffy and delicious.  I topped it with a banana and PB2.

 

DSC06216

 

I let that settle before packing up my little sweet tart and heading off to the gym.  He had a great time playing with his buds in child watch while I did my thing on the treadmill and in the weight room.  It has been a while since I’ve worked out at that time - man the atmosphere is so different from the 5 AM crowd.  I really like my early to rise homies. 

My sis called while we were out – she wanted us to come down for a visit.  After I showered, I packed our lunched to go and we hit the road again.  Thankfully I was able to do a little laundry before going to the gym.  If I don’t do a load every day then the piles get a bit monstrous and kind of scary. 

I packed a bowl of “what the heck is that”.  Looks like baby food but tasted oh so delish.  That goopy mess would be 2 Weetabix biscuits, a 6 oz container of Stonyfield Farms Plain yogurt, cinnamon, stevia, pumpkin, raw almonds and sunflower seed butter.  

 

DSC06218

 

We hung out there for the afternoon and the boys were thrilled to be together again.  They really are the dynamic duo.  I kind of wish we lived next door to each other.  That would be good for me too, I could see my sis and my niece ALL the time – I’m outnumbered by the males in my house.

Dinner tonight was a MASSIVE salad.  That beauteous beast consisted of lettuce, red pepper, zucchini, broccoli, an apple, swiss cheese, almonds and a Quorn Turk’y Burger

 

DSC06221

 

I have some exciting news – I finally decided it is time to run a half marathon.  I have been mulling around the idea for a few weeks now.  For some reason I am really nervous even though I have run that distance before – though never raced.  I keep telling myself that I can do it and my main squeeze has been giving me the pep talk (a few times).  Tonight I registered for the Hyannis Half Marathon that will take place on February 28th.  It is kind of risky signing up for this race seeing as we could get snow or have some ice on the ground.  I’ve run in all kinds of weather conditions so I know that I can do it, I just might not be that speedy. Now I just need to figure out if I should do some sort of training.  Anyone out there know of a good one?  I am open for suggestions seeing as this it a first for me. 

Time to put on my pj’s and get cozy with my warm cup of sleepy time tea.  I hope you have a great night. 

5 comments:

carolinebee said...

Good luck sammie!! It's so crazy that you're such an amazing runner yet don't race :D You'll do awesome!
I know your GS meeting isn't for a while, but i used to work with that age group (HA short attention span!), and I did a really fun activity where I asked them their fave foods, what "healthy food" means to them, and then at the end we made "ants on a log" with celery, pb and raisins...they really enjoyed it! Just an idea :D Hope D feels better.

HeatherBakes said...

Yea!!! A half marathon will be a snap for you. I always use the training plans on Runnersworld.com.

I predict that you're about to get hooked on races :) So much fun!

Brian said...

Hey Sammie,
Good Luck at the race! I'm sure you'll do well if not try harder or just simply enjoy the run. When you get some free time I recommend reading "Born to Run: A tribe of super athletes and the greatest race the World has never seen" by Christopher Mcdougall you can also download it from audible.com! The book was a total inspiration on how I run, diet, and provided a greater meaning to what it means to be a running animal. Hell were born to it! :)

As always have fun!

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I agree but I contemplate the list inform should secure more info then it has.