Thursday, January 14, 2010

Oatmeal Sundae

Happy Thursday blog world!  The weekend is in sight and I am really looking forward to it.  Not only does my honey have a three day weekend but we have some potential plans for a fun adventure on Saturday (more on that as the day arrives). 

This morning I was up and out the door at my usual 5 AM hour.  At the gym I did my run on the treadmill again (I should try to run outside more but we got some snow overnight and I am not willing to risk slipping and getting injured).  I did an hour run which turned out to be 7.25 miles.  I ran 20 minutes at 7.0, 20 minutes and 7.5 and the last 20 minutes at 7.3.  I did some strength training and lots of stretches before heading home. 

Breakfast this morning was rather decadent – Oatmeal Sundae anyone? I swear there is oatmeal under all that saucy goodness. 

 

DSC06243

 

I made egg white oats (1/2 cup oats, 1/4 cup liquid egg whites, cinnamon & stevia) and then topped it with a banana, Chocolate PB2 and Original PB2.

 

 

DSC06245

 

It was so good – seriously just look at it, how could it not be out of this world delicious? 

Time to get that little monkey of mine washed up and ready for the day.  I have a Girl Scout meeting this evening so I am not sure when I will be back.  If not today then I will see you tomorrow.  Have a great Thursday.

5 comments:

Heather @ The Single Dish said...

That oatmeal looks delicious and warm! Girl Scouts- I was a girl scout! Loved it, your reference in your post brought back some nice memories!

Evita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evita said...

That looks incredible! I must try give it a try soon. Thanks!

Connie B said...

OMG the oatmeal sunday looks sooooooooo good!!

Katie ♥ said...

Your oatmeal breakfast always look delish!!! I need to find PB 2 !! Your son is adorable!! I have a 9 year old son! Have a great night!