Monday, January 25, 2010

Nutritional Yeast Makes a Comeback and Meatless Meatballs

Good evening blogland. How was your day?  We have had some serious rain today.  If I had a boat I could have set sail down my street for a little cruise around the block.  When I dropped D off at school I got soaked.  By the time I had to pick him up the wind was whipping so hard that I thought I was going to drift away.  Yeah, I got drenched then as well.  I could have squeezed a few cups of rain water from my pants.  Honestly it can keep raining especially since it is still winter and we are usually slammed by snow.  You all know how much I despise that stuff. 

Onto the food.  I actually waited to have lunch until after D was at school.  It was rather nice to sit down and enjoy my food while listening to the rain. 

 

DSC06340

 

I mixed up the new “mess” that has been making it’s daily appearance.  Nothing like my old “messes” but this guy is soy free.  I mixed Weetabix with water, added canned pumpkin and plain yogurt that was spiked with stevia and cinnamon.  Topped it all off with a big old dollop of sunflower seed butter.  So good, so good!! 

I added some more protein to my lunch because a meal that is low in protein lacks staying power – at least for this gal. 

 

DSC06343

 

I’ve been wanting to try the Fitnessita’s egg white & nutritional yeast concoction but I was a little leery about eating nutritional yeast after the rash I got last time.  I topped 2 egg whites with less than 1/2 a tablespoon and boy was it yummy.  I am happy to report that I did not break out into hives again so I think that nutritional yeast will be making a comeback in my diet. 

I found a new product (or new to me) at Whole Foods the other day – Quorn Meatballs

 

DSC06346

 

I added 4 cut up meatballs to my dinner salad along with lots of other goodies – egg whites (yes, I eat a lot of egg whites), cashews, zucchini, red pepper, chopped apple, clementine slices and carrots all over a bed of baby romaine. 

I have really liked the other Quorn products that I’ve had and the meatless meatballs were not a disappointment.  In case you are curious as to the other things that I have had here they are – Turk’y Burgers and Chik’n Tenders.

 

DSC06350

 

I have a few really ripe bananas so today was a double banana day.  For a little sweet ending I topped banana slices with sunflower seed butter.  I definitely eat plenty of fruit. 

Time to go see what the boys are up to.  The D man needs to hit the hay soon.  I hope you have a good night.

No comments: