Friday, January 15, 2010

Nothings Changed

When I was a kid I used to always mix my food together.  I was never a fan of the plates that had the different sections for each component of the meal.  The only way my mom could get me to eat beef of any sort was when she made Sheppard's Pie or American Chop Suey.  I loved when she would serve mashed potatoes with veggies – the two would always marry.

Well nothing has changed even as an adult.  I still like to mix all the elements of my meal together into one big bowl.  I will be the first to admit that I eat some pretty odd things and this truly is a meal that shows it. 

I moistened 2 Weetabix biscuits with water so that I could mash them up in the bottom of the bowl.  I then added chopped apple, carrots, zucchini, chicken and almonds.  I gave it a big stir to combine and then ATE. I know you are probably thinking – YUCK! soggy cereal, but that is how I like it. 

 

DSC06246

 

Last night I was not in the mood for hot cocoa.  What I really wanted was just a warm and creamy cup of almond milk

 

 

DSC06249

 

I added a few drops of NuNaturals Cocoa Bean Extract and Vanilla Stevia. 

 

DSC06251

 

After a few minutes in the microwave I had frothy goodness. I sipped on this while watching a crazy show about a group of people trying to survive in the wilderness of Alaska.  They actually had to eat a gopher and ground squirrels. 

 

DSC06250 

My evening night cap was so good that I am really looking forward to making it again.  I really liked it without the addition of the cocoa powder.  Almond milk has such a luscious texture that it feels like a very decent drink.  Try it for yourself and let me know what you think. 

2 comments:

Charlie said...

You need to try one of the nightcaps I've been making. You know, the ones with booze in 'em.

Melissa said...

I like the Weetabix idea you have been using. I used to live in England that is one popular breakfast cereal!
I'll have to try the almond milk, too. YUM!