Monday, January 25, 2010

Messed Me Up!!

After my run yesterday I did not just have extremely bad stomach craps but I had a splitting head ache.   I took a couple Tylenol but that did nothing.  I basically spent my entire day doing easy things around my house and then trying to relax and get my head to stop throbbing.  I really think that GU packet messed me up.  My digestive system was all out of whack and my head was feeling all loopy too.  When my head hit the pillow last night it hit hard.  I was asleep in a matter of minutes.  I just love those nights when I nod off easily – too bad this time my head was pounding.  And guess what?  I woke up with an even more agonizing head ache.  I was awake at an insane hour – before 4 o’clock.  I made my way downstairs through squinty eyes – it hurt to even focus.  I popped a couple more head ache pills which seem to take the edge off quickly.  I got dressed and hit up the gym to get the blood pumping.  I feel much better but I can still feel a slight ache in the area above my eyes.  Figures, I kicked booty in my run yesterday and now I am feeling cruddy – at least my muscles and body are feeling great. 

Breakfast was a bowl of oats that looked more like dessert than something you would start your day with.

1/2 cup oats, water, 1/2 scoop Vanilla Jay Robb Rice Protein, cinnamon, stevia, a banana, PB2 and Chocolate PB2

 

 

breakfast

 

My little sweetie pie announced this morning that his ear is not hurting anymore so I think he is well enough to go to school.  He has had 5 doses of the antibiotic so I am sure that his ear is well on its way to healthy.  He is waiting in the living room for me to play our new Wii game – The New Super Mario Bros.  Yes, I do enjoy playing video games with him – brings back memories of when I was a kid.  Time to go spend some time with my boy.  Have a great day.

2 comments:

tam said...

I find the best breakfasts are the ones that look like pudding! Hope that headache goes away soon! x x

VCK said...

Hello Sammie,
Just a gentle reminder to have the little one finish the entire dose of antibiotics, even if he's feeling better. :)