Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ice Be Gone

Good morning!  Well thanks to all that rain we got yesterday there is not a single bit of ice left on the ground.  I practically skated to my truck the past few weeks.  The sheet of ice that covered my yard and driveway was rather thick and impossible to get rid of. 

Now we are left with a lonely little pile of snow…………..

 

DSC06354

 

………..and a very soggy front yard. 

 

DSC06356 

 

The downside of living on such a busy road is the grass in the front of our house takes a real beating.  People think nothing of stopping in front of our house and driving on our grass (well the spot that should have grass).  And the litter is ridiculous – don’t get me started on that one.  I have come to accept that we will never have a bright green front lawn – especially in the winter.  Since we have a very narrow driveway, Charlie parks his car in the dirt – we really want to get our parking spaces paved.  I think his car sunk into the muck overnight.  That must have been a joy to walk through when he went to his car this morning.  Thankfully the sun is out today so hopefully some of the water will dry up. 

I really can’t wait for spring so that I can add some life back to the front of my house in my window boxes.  I really deck them out with lots of colorful flowers.  Soon enough. 

 

DSC06355

 

At the gym this morning I did 8.3 miles on the treadmill in 67:45.  I also did some weights and LOTS of stretching before heading home.  Pigeon pose is by far my favorite position. 

After cleaning off the grime it was time for some oats.  I made the usual Vanilla Rice Protein, cinnamon, stevia, banana and PB2 combo.  Super thick and luscious. 

 

DSC06353

 

Now I am off to hang out with this happy man. 

 

smile

 

He’s been doing this long enough.  That is his game face – deep concentration. 

 

 

wii

 

I hope you have a great day. 

1 comment:

Diana @ frontyardfoodie said...

It all melted here but promptly got freezing again. I hate this cold!