Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Grate It

Good evening!  How was your Wednesday?  I started mine with a nice run on the treadmill – I did a little over 7 miles.  I also spent some time in the weight room, then ended my workout with lots of foam rolling.  I am going to really focus on stretching and foam rolling so that I do not have any issues leading up to my half marathon.

Breakfast was eaten super fast since I had to get back to the gym by 8:30 for my weekly babysitting gig. 

I made a bowl of egg white oatmeal again – 1/2 cup oats, 1/4 cup liquid egg whites, cinnamon, stevia, banana and PB2. 

 

 

DSC06223

 

I was really craving the messy bowl of goo that I made yesterday so I decided to whip up another for today’s lunch.  I wanted to some how fit in some veg in the mix, so I grated some carrots using my box grater and stirred them in. 

 

DSC06227

 

The other ingredients were 2 Weetabix biscuits, plain yogurt (6 oz container of Stonyfield Farms), cinnamon, stevia, raw almonds and sunflower seed butter.  All that was missing was some crushed pineapple and I would have had something reminiscent of carrot cake. 

 

 

DSC06228

 

Dinner was a good old monster salad – lettuce, broccoli, zucchini, red pepper, chopped apple, chicken and cashews.  I think that I can officially say that cashews are my favorite nut.  

 

 

DSC06231

 

My guys had homemade pizza.  Notice the dividing line.  D eats the plain side…….

 

DSC06233

 

……while Daddy gets some chicken on his.  D hates chicken – I think it is a texture thing.  I am really not one to push meat on him seeing as I am not the biggest fan of it myself.  I really only eat it out of necessity.  A meal without adequate protein does nothing for my hunger.  As long as he eats lots of dairy I do not worry that he is not getting enough protein for his little body.  He has actually been snacking on string cheese and he even ate a banana and carrots today.  My boy is on the right track. 

 

 

DSC06234

 

To curb my sweet tooth I had some dates and cashews.  I actually stuff the cashew inside the date and then eat it.  So good and it really does hit the spot. 

 

DSC06237

 

I am off to relax before hitting the hay.  I am hoping to turn in early – I have been staying up way too late the past few days.  I hope you had a great day.  See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Evita said...

I do the same thing with walnuts!