Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What to do with it all???

Look what came in the mail for me today.  The lovely people at NuNaturals sent me oodles of goodies to try out. THANK YOU!!!!  I seriously squealed with delight when I saw how many items were in the box – it was like an early Christmas present.  I am super excited to try the liquid stevia in my coffee tomorrow morning.  And I just might try the liquid Vanilla Stevia in my oatmeal.  What do I do with all the other interesting goodies?  Cocoa Bean Extract?  Baking Blend?  Anyone out there have any suggestions?

 

DSC05816

 

For dinner tonight I topped some canned/no salt added green beans and raw zucchini with hummus. 

 

 

DSC05820

 

I also had 2 rice cakes topped with almond butter, sunflower seed butter and jelly.

 

 

DSC05818

 

For dessert I had some mixed fruit topped with an Enjoy Life Bar.  The fruit is a blend that comes frozen and I thawed it in the microwave for a few minutes before adding the bar. 

 

 

DSC05823

 

The UPS guy also delivered most of D’s Christmas & birthday presents today as well.  Thank goodness D was at school when he made the drop.  We did most of our shopping for him online – much easier than fighting the crowds.  Charlie and I have decided that this year we will not be exchanging gifts.  We have been on quite a tight budget this past year and honestly I get so much joy watching D open gifts that I really don’t need anything else. I am just thankful to have my house and my happy & healthy family.  We had quite a scare this year with all of D’s tummy issues (I am sure you all remember what we went through), that having him back to normal is ALL a mommy can ask for. 

I still can not believe that we are already to December. Where did this year go? I do love this time of year.  I enjoy all the beautiful decorations and hearing Christmas music everywhere you turn.  It is a very joyful season.


Have you started your shopping yet?  Do you battle the chaos at the stores or have you resorted to online shopping like us? 

I’m thinking about heading to bed soon – I am such an old lady.  I hope you have a great night.  See you tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Jennifer (Running With Cake) said...

Hi Sammy! It's so fun getting surprises in the mail! You could always to a giveaway - that's what I did when I received a ton of organic food.

erin said...

Um...you can try baking something with the baking blend!

I've baked with my SweetLeaf stevia in chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, and cranberry orange muffins and they turned out well!