Thursday, December 3, 2009

Unusually Warm

Today it was 70 degrees here in MA – that is so unusual for December.  Oh how I wish it would stay this warm.  Someday I really need to relocate to a “Sammie friendly” destination for the winter – I hate the cold.  Well it really is not so much the cold as it is the dreaded white stuff. 

D and I had ourselves quite a board game extravaganza this afternoon.  It all started with Candy Land and ended in Shoots & Ladders.  I really do love playing games with that crazy kid – even if he is a gloat happy winner and a sore looser.

Onto the eats.

I had my usual post workout bowl of oaty goodness for breakfast.

1/2 cup oats, 1 cup water, banana, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, liquid vanilla stevia and sunflower seed butter

The liquid Vanilla Stevia was actually really good, although I did not taste much in the way of vanilla just mostly the sweetness it added.  Either way it is a keeper.

 

DSC05829

 

Lunch started with a simple salad of greens and zucchini drizzled with Maple Grove farms Strawberry Balsamic.

 

 

DSC05832

 

I also had 2 rice cakes topped with almond butter & jelly, an apple and almond cheese.

 

DSC05834 

My meal ended with an Enjoy Life Cocoa Loco bar.

 

DSC05836 

Dinner was a Turk’y Burger, broccoli, rice cakes & hummus and Whole Foods no salt added steak fries (from the freezer).  I did have ketchup for dipping – probably more than you can imagine. I’ve admitted my addiction to you all before. 

 

DSC05838

 

We had a nice visit from my in-laws tonight.  D always loves having Grandma and Grandpa over.  It is now past his bed time and he is still running around like a mad man.  I need to go give him some smooches so that he can go to bed.  I hope you had a great day.

2 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

LUCKY!! It was 34°F here :(

Have fun with your in-laws!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie said...

ugh, it was 16° this morning at my home when I got up!

You're luckier than you know!