Thursday, December 17, 2009

Trimmed the Tree (finally)

 

I am still here, just been busy hanging out with this goof ball. 

 

goofy

 

Even with a saucy face he is handsome.  My boy sure does love his pasta. 

 

saucy

 

It is a little tough to see but he gave himself a nice rug burn on the side of his eye horsing around in the kids room at the gym yesterday.  He was tough, no tears were shed but lots of Mommy kisses were needed.  I've go plenty of those for him. 

 

booboo

 

Last night we finally got around to decorating our itty Christmas tree.  It looks taller than it really is because it is on a riser (The Firms step to be exact). The star topper is WAY to big but we love our little tree. 

 

DSC06083

 

Yesterday when I picked D up from school he had a wrapped gift for me.  He did not want me to wait until Christmas to open it so I dug into it when we were finished hanging the ornaments on the tree.  He made me a paper plate & bowtie pasta wreath.  I LOVE IT!!!!  It is the perfect addition to the tree. Seriously, homemade gifts from D are my favorite.  This one is definitely a keeper for life.  

 

 

DSC06080

 

I even hang his first pair of bootees on the tree.  He was only 11 days old on his first Christmas so of course I had him all decked out in holiday garb. I even remember him wetting through the outfit (a one piece velour red & white stripe zip up number) and I had to resort to the backup clothes which were not as cute.  Oh those precious memories.

 

 

DSC06082

 

On a food note, I have been filling my belly with lots of yummy oats. 

 




DSC06087
DSC06051


DSC06046

 

And I tried eggs again.  They did not upset my belly so they are back on my menu.

 

DSC06047

 

Along with dairy- WOO HOO!!!  I have been having it in moderation and my skin & tummy are doing fine.  I am going to keep eating it and see what happens over the long run.  I’ve got my fingers crossed that it is a keeper. I do love mini whole wheat pita pizzas. They are fast to make but super yummy.  I always cook mine on a pizza stone and the “crust” gets very crispy.

 

 

DSC06064

 

Here is a really yummy combo – banana, sunflower seed butter and lettuce on a brown rice tortilla – sounds odd but oh so good.  I love crispy romaine lettuce.

 

 

DSC06054   

 

There have been plenty of salads consumed too.  Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and a few shakes of dried basil – PERFECTO!!!! 

 

 

DSC06050

 

D finally convinced me to buy him marshmallows (the last thing this kid needs is more sugar but I am a softy - you all know that by now). Last night I dipped them in melted semi-sweet chocolate chips for him.  Clearly he hated it :) We don’t mess around when it comes to dessert at our homestead. 

 

 

Marsh&Choc

 

Today I have a little baking to do. We are having a Christmas party with the Girl Scouts in our troop this evening.  We are trying to get the girls to think about culinary traditions in other countries.  I am making something from Ireland or at least an Irish recipe that I found online.  Seeing as I have never been to Ireland before, I kind of have to go with what someone else says is Irish.  Since there is Irish in the title of the recipe, I am going with it.  I will share the final product with you later. 

Now I must go get my little doobie dressed so we can venture out and pick up our holiday cards.  Yeah, I am a little behind this year.  At least they will be in the mail before Christmas. 

I hope you all are well.  Have a great day.

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

GORGEOUS tree!

So glad that the dairy is working for you - enjoy it to the fullest! :)

Have fun baking!!

Erica said...

Lots of fun going on over there! I love the wreath! I'm so glad to hear you're reacting well to the dairy thus far. I am a HUGE pita pizza fan, I actually prefer it to regular pizza. Have fun baking

Diana @ fronyardfoodie said...

mmmm, your foods look tasty! I love the idea of banana and lettuce in a wrap!

Your tree is gorgeous:)

haylee said...

Yay for a little bit of dairy back in! I love this snack.. cottage cheese, blueberries and blackberries (or whatever berries)some cinnamon, and a little sweetener...mmm BEST snack ever.