Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lunch Date

Yesterday we did get snow – not a ton but enough to irritate me.  Let’s face it, a dusting is enough to get my feathers ruffled (Charlie is shaking his head in agreement). A good thing did happen due to the snow – my main squeeze worked from home.  I still had to babysit at the gym although my shift was delayed an hour.  The roads were pretty horrible so I left my little side kick at home with his Pops and they goofed around in the snow while I was gone.  Way to go for working at home, ha honey!!  I will give Charlie the credit for cleaning up the driveway and the walkways with the snow blower – a purchase last season that I DEMANDED!!!  Seriously, that thing is a life savor or a back savor I guess you could say.  No more lugging 50 pound shovelfuls of snow for hours. 

So since I had my honey to myself when D went to school, we went on a date – a lunch date to Panera.

 

PaneraLunch

 

My poor honey looks sooooooo tired – I’ll explain that in a sec.  Still handsome in my eyes sweetie pie.

He ordered a half sandwich and soup combo.

 

PaneraLunch2

 

I checked their website beforehand to see what items do not contain soy – not many unfortunately.  I ended up packing an apple and zucchini to take along. 

 

DSC05905

 

From the menu I opted for a “safe” plain bagel and topped it with sunflower seed butter that I also smuggled into the place.  Surprisingly the bagel was not that great.  It really did not taste fresh and it was super chewy.  I ate it anyway seeing as I had limited options.

 

 

DSC05904

 

After lunch we went on a wild goose chase looking for Star Wars themed cupcake toppers (the theme of D’s birthday party which is Saturday).  I called IParty on Tuesday and the gentleman on the phone said they had these plastic rings that I could use.  Well he was wrong – the rings he had in stock were not what I was looking for.  Charlie came to the rescue and found a party place in RI that had Star Wars favors so after picking D up from school we ventured there.  Thankfully this place had little circle confetti cards with characters on them which I taped to a toothpick and will stick in the icing on the cupcakes.  Way to wait till the last minute mommy!!!  

Charlie and I have been so exhausted these days because D will not stop waking us up during the night.  On Tuesday night he came into our room probably a dozen times.  I can not even imagine how tired he is as well.  Finally we had to take video games away from him – he was not happy about that.  Well it seems to be working.  He did not wake us up last night.  Here is the funny thing – we all went to bed at 8 o’clock last night.  How much do you want to be that mommy and daddy were in dreamland before D? 

When 4 o’clock came around, I felt like I had just closed my eyes.  I managed to get up and head to the gym.  I did 20 minutes on the Elliptical, ran for 30 minutes on the treadmill and then did a 10 minutes walking hill climb.  I also spent some time in the weight room before heading home.

Breakfast was a glorious bowl of Blueberry Banana Oat Bran.

1/2 cup oat bran cooked with water and Liquid Vanilla Stevia 

1 cup frozen blueberries stirred in after cooking

topped with a banana and a TBSP almond butter

 

DSC05912

My day includes baking all the cupcakes for D’s party.  I have to clean tomorrow morning so I can’t see fitting in all the baking, letting them cool and then icing them – that is a recipe for disaster.  I am making everything from scratch so I have some work to do – obviously he’s worth it. 

I hope you have a great Thursday.  See ya!! 

2 comments:

ktbwood said...

yall are soo adorable!! what a young and beautiful couple! :)

Pops said...

Sam, Sandy got a cake for Sunday too and it has Star Wars figures on top, Darth and Luke I think. They have light-up sabers too!

Got an extra set in case Benny and Luke wanted one

Big Charlie