Monday, December 7, 2009

I’m Next

Good evening, how was your day?  Today flew by for me.  I dropped D off at school, did a few things around my homestead, went to the grocery store and before I knew it, I was heading back to pick up my little doobie.

Lunch today was an open face almond butter and jelly sandwich, almond cheese and apple slices.

 

DSC05872

 

I also mixed some of the apple with pumpkin, cinnamon and stevia.  I popped it in the micro for a few minutes, gave it a stir and then devoured.  It was warm and sweet. Lunch dessert??  

 

DSC05871 

When I returned home with my side kick it was time for a little snack to tide me over until dinner. I had 2 rice cakes with almond butter and a very crisp pear – probably a little too under-ripe.

 

DSC05874

 

For dinner I had quite a buffet – black beans mixed with salsa, zucchini, potato rounds that I baked in the oven on a wire rack till nice a crispy and Quorn Chik’n Tenders

 

DSC05877

 

Dessert was blueberry sorbet and a sunflower seed butter topped Enjoy Life Cocoa Loco Bar.

 

 

DSC05879

 

We had our nightly bowling tournament after dinner – so much fun!!!  I can definitely see D’s improvement. He is now tucked in bed and off to dreamland – I am next.  it is only 8 o’clock but I am so ready to hit the hay.  Have a great night.

1 comment:

Diana @ frontyardfoodie said...

I'm totally into the zucchini dippers! Sometimes I soak them in a vinegar, salt and mustard mixture and then dehydrate them for a while til they're crispy. It makes them almost like chips!