Monday, December 14, 2009

I have a 5 year old?!?!?!

I can not believe that D is 5 years old today. The past 5 years really did fly by.  I always give him a birthday doughnut so on my way home from the gym this morning I stopped at Dunkin Donuts. 

We sang Happy Birthday to him and then he devoured that thing in no time.

 

b-dayDoughnut

 

I can still remember the first time I saw his little face. I had never seen anything more beautiful in my life.  He was only 22 minutes old in this picture. 

 

babyD

 

I have been smitten with him ever since. 

 

babyD2

 

Being D’s mommy is amazing and I can’t imagine my life without him.  He is really a fabulous kid.  

Onto the other happenings of my morning.  I did a 7 mile treadmill run this morning.  No way I would have been able to run outside – it was like an ice skating rink out there this morning.  We had rain yesterday that froze over night – lovely New England.  I also spent some time in the weight room before hitting the road. 

Breakfast was a big bowl of Blueberry Oat bran. 

 

DSC06044

 

Time to go see what the birthday boy is up to.  Daddy is working from the house today so he is super excited.  I hope you have a great Monday.

8 comments:

ratzxfink said...

Congrats sammie! D's all grown up, turning into a charming, handsome boy! Happy Birthday to D!.

VeggieGirl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DEAR LITTLE D!!!!!!! :)

Diana @ fronyardfoodie said...

Aww, happy birthday! He's so adorable! Your devotion to him is really moving. Makes me excited to some day be a mom.

givinganythingbutup.wordpress.com said...

Cutest baby (& now, 5 year old!) ever! Happy birthday D!
Im jealous, that doughnut looks awesome.

Kath said...

Happy birthday D!!

Meghann said...

Happy Birthday D!!!

Charlie said...

Today he said when he grows up he's going to be:

an astronaut
a knight
an army guy
and, a ninja.

That's the superfecta right there.

Anne Marie said...

Happy birthday to D!!!