Monday, December 7, 2009

He has the list

This weekend we took D to the mall to visit the big guy in red.  Thankfully waiting in line went by quickly.

 

waiting4Santa

 

Santa now has his list. 

 

D&Santa2

 

This was the coolest Santa that we have met yet.  He had such a great personality. 

 

 

D&Santa 

I am happy to get a good Santa & D photo this year.  Last year’s was so blurry. 

 

Nothing too exciting on the food front. Lots of this going into my tummy -

banana oats with sunflower seed butter

 

DSC05854

 

I tried something new with taco shells. I filled them with black beans, hummus and salsa.  It was good but I would much rather some gooey melted cheese.  I might try to add a teeny bit of dairy back into my diet.  Small steps though – I am not going to go hog wild and eat it 3 times a day.  I might try to have  a piece of cheese one day and see how my skin reacts.  The next day maybe try yogurt – and so on.  I really like cheese too much to live without it but if it causes havoc to my skin then I kind of have to decide one or the other. 

 

 

DSC05852

 

This morning I went to the gym and had a great workout.  I was itching to run since there was no running outside yesterday due to SNOW!!!!  We only got a few inches but the sidewalks were covered in ice and there was no way I could run on them.  Hopefully a few days of sun will take care of that. 

Breakfast was Blueberry Banana Oats. 

1/2 cup oatmeal, water, stevia, 1 cup frozen blueberries, banana, PB2 and sunflower seed butter

 

DSC05868

 

So in exactly one week D will be 5 – I still can not believe it.  Big party plans for Saturday – should be lots of fun. 

I hope you all are well and enjoyed your weekend.  Time to get this day started.  Happy Monday!!!! 

8 comments:

VeggieGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VeggieGirl said...

Awww so fun that D got a photo with Santa! :)

MelissaNibbles said...

D looks cute with Santa :)

I like Greek yogurt on my tacos. I've found that I don't need cheese with the yogurt. Good luck in finding what works for you!

Erica said...

SUCH a cute picture with santa. I love that giant chair!! The tacos look fantastic and I'm glad to hear you got a nice run in at the gym this morning. Happy almost birthday to the D man!!!

Mama Pea said...

D is so brave! Neither of my girls will get near him!

Lauren @ Eat, Drink, and Be Hopeful said...

I've been reading your blog for a while and really like it. I was just curious-how do you like Sunflower Seed butter, and is it better than other nut butters? Also-what is PB2. D looks so cute with Santa!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie said...

We're about to get snow too! It's been so cold though that I haven't wanted to run outside in a while.

Oh well, the treadmill will have to do

Anne Marie said...

What a great picture of D with Santa! He's adorable!