Tuesday, December 1, 2009

An Extra Boy in the House

Hello friends.  I finally have a few moments to stop in and share the happenings of our day. 

I started this fine Tuesday in my normal Sammie fashion – at the gym by 5 AM.  I did 30 minutes on the Elliptical and then I hoped on the treadmill for a little fun.  On there I did 30 minutes total alternating between walking at a steep hill climb for 5 minutes and running for 5 minutes.  I also did some weight lifting and foam rolling before heading home to gobble up this beautiful bowl of oatmeal. 

In the mix – 1/2 cup oats cooked with water, frozen blueberries, pumpkin, cinnamon, NuNaturals NuStevia powder and a lovely drizzle of almond butter.

 

DSC05754

 

Lunch was an apple, almond cheese and 2 rice cakes topped with sunflower seed butter and jelly.

 

DSC05758

 

After lunch D had a friend from school come over to play.  It was fun having an extra boy in the house.  These 2 did not stop the entire time.  When his mom picked him up he told her that he wants to come to D’s house all the time.  What can I say – we are loads of fun. 

 

friends

 

Dinner included a big bowl of veggies and a dollop of black bean spread.

 

DSC05764

 

I also had a Turk’y Burger on an English muffin. 

 

DSC05766

 

Dessert had to include some sort of nut/seed butter – I love the stuff! And it keeps my belly quiet so that I am not hungry when it is time for bed.  I hate to eat too close to bedtime but find is rather difficult to go to bed when my belly will not stop talking.  Clearly you don’t need a description – I ate the same thing at lunch. 

 

DSC05771

 

After dinner we had our nightly Wii Bowling battle. 

 

wiibowling6

wiibowling

 

There is serious competition as you can see by the look of concentration on Charlie’s face. 

 

wiibowling4

And lots of goofing around. 

 

wiibowling2  wiibowling3

Can you spot Otto in the background underneath his blankie?

 

wiibowling5

 

Time for a little vampire action before hitting the hay.  I hope you had a great day.  See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Haha, so much fun :)

ktbwood said...

your little boy is so adorable!
i love how much you love him-it really warms my heart...you are an amazing mother

tam said...

I love the bowl you had your breakfast in, I need new bowls! x x

MelissaNibbles said...

What a fun day! I want a Wii! I'm hoping Santa will bring it to me. Bowling looks like a blast :)