Monday, November 23, 2009

Zucchini Boats

Well all the invitations have been handed out to D’s classmates. He was so excited – I really hope that they all can make it.  I actually already got a call this evening from one mom letting me know that her son will be there and is so thrilled to attend. 

Today I did a little something different with my zucchini – I made boats.  After hollowing them out, I spread lemon hummus in the trenches.  D thought that I was eating peanut butter stuffed zucchini. 

 

DSC05598

 

I also had an open face sunflower seed butter & jelly sandwich (on gluten free bread) and an apple.  I am not eliminating wheat – this bread just happens to be soy free as well. 

 

 

DSC05596

 

While D was at school I got some cleaning accomplished.  While I cleaned I had a few candles lit and boy did my house smell fabulous.  I recently purchased a Sparkling Snow Yankee Candle from one of D’s school fundraisers.  It made my house smell like Christmas.  I guess it is not too early to get into the holiday spirit. 

Dinner tonight featured some yummy roasted green beans, broccoli and portabella mushrooms.  I also had a Turk’y Burger, almond cheese and rice cakes topped with almond butter and jelly.

 

DSC05600

 

Dessert was lemon sorbetto served over a bed of frozen pineapple chunks and strawberries. 

 

 

DSC05604

 

There is something that I have been giving some thought to posting about but it is kind of up to you guys if you want me to share it with you.  I really do not get into that many personal things on my blog.  I mean this is the internet and I do not know who is out there reading.  It is kind of “my story” to when and how I became a runner.  I know that I generally do not get bunches of comments but I am asking for a simple response. Let me know what you think.

I am off to get warm – it is FREEZING in here.  Thank goodness I turned on my heated blanket. Have a great night.

16 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

I say, post what you want to post - you know I'M here for ya, 100%!

Becky said...

Love to see what you want to post :)

Melissa said...

I've never posted before...would love to hear your story. I really enjoy reading your blog...thank you for posting everyday!

Molly said...

I would love to hear your story - mine is boring, but I'm interested in others peoples'.

AlwaysJoy said...

I would love to hear your running story!

polly said...

Sammie,
You know yours is one of the few blogs I read cause I love YOU. You can post anyting you like... I love ya like a sister, sweet girl. If your entire blog was just about "how to grow cute long curly hair and make zucchini boats" I would read it, cause your heart would be in it. :)

lisa said...

i'd LOVE to know the story Sammie!

Ms. Flusterate said...

Delurking to say I'd love to hear it (as a fellow runner myself!)
melissa

abi said...

would love to read that!!

Sarah said...

I never comment, but I'm a faithful reader! I think your blog is wonderful and you seem so sweet and real. I would love to hear your story of running if you would like to share. When are you going to run another race? :), you would do great!!

Bethieruns said...

From a fellow runner, I Would love to see the story. Your blog is always a nice relaxing way to end my day! Your son is just the cutest and you seem like such a loving mom (and dad!) Post away!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would love to hear the story!

Charlie said...

Yeah Sammie let hear it! Wait, it's not about me is it?

Rachel said...

Yes for sure!

Anonymous said...

I am very interested. Love your blog! :)

Julie said...

I'd love to hear your story