Monday, November 30, 2009

What I want to be when I grow up.

No I am not talking about myself, I am referring to my son who is forever blowing things up.  He is definitely ALL BOY!!!  Growing up with a sister, we never blew things up or fought imaginary monsters.  We played with Barbie practically every day.  There was a time when we were very fond of cars and Micro Machines (remember those), but we made pretend towns and drove them around aimlessly for hours on end.  Being a mommy of a boy is very interesting to say the least.  He is always up to something – creative that is – thankfully D has never been a little imp. 

The other day we asked him what he wants to be when he is all grown up.  His answer – “I want to go around and fight people.  And I want to be a knight”. Hmm???  I bet in a few years that will change – at least a mother would hope. 

This morning all he wanted to do was wear his costumes and go around and shoot things.  I only got pictures of him in one but there was an outfit change at some point.  At least I got him to take them off when it was time to go to school.  My child is still stuck on Halloween when all the other kiddios are singing Santa Claus is Coming to Town. 

They are a little blurry due to the fact that he does not stop moving.

costume

DSC05731

costume2

 

Oh no, he has been hit!!!! 

 

down

 

I love this little sweet tart!!!  And is it me or is he looking much older these days????  Only 14 more days till he turns five – I’m tearing up just thinking about it.

 

down2

 

Onto the food shall we.

This morning I hit the gym at an insanely early hour – 5 AM to be exact.  I do love my crack of dawn workouts.  I did 30 minutes on the Elliptical, 30 minute run on the treadmill and weights.  I ended with LOTS of foam rolling which is much less painful now that I have been torturing myself for many months.

Breakfast was a glorious bowl of Banana Blueberry Oats.  I had been avoiding bananas for a little while (thought they might be bugging my belly) and decided to test them out again.  I only bought 2 and I have eaten both without any issues.  Looks like they are back on the menu.  Thank goodness, I LOVE bananas. 

This beauty contained 1/2 cup oats cooked with water and 3/4 of the banana.  I then stirred in 1/2 a cup of frozen blueberries and added the lovely toppings – the remainder of the banana, PB2 and almond butter. So yummy I tell ya!! 

 

DSC05728

 

Lunch was rather fiber-iffic – raw broccoli, zucchini and an apple. 

 

DSC05739

 

I also had rice cakes with sunflower seed butter and jelly.

 

DSC05743

Seeing as I have a few hours to myself I am going to savor the peace and quite.  I hope you have a great Monday.

1 comment:

seesaraheat said...

Your son is so cute! And that oatmeal looks so good :)