Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Song for Grandma

 

 

Happy Birthday Grandma, we hope you have a great day.

 

Today’s workout was fabulous and I thought that I would share the specifics with you. I started with a 20 minute interval workout on the Stair Climber.  I warmed up for 3 minutes at level 7, then I picked up the pace to level 9 for 2 minutes. For the final 15 minutes I did one minute at level 13, recover one minute at level 9 and repeat. 

Then it was onto the treadmill where I did a 20 minute hill climb. To keep this workout challenging, I do not hold onto the treadmill, I keep my arms pumping the entire time. The first 10 minutes I had the incline at 13.5 and the speed was set on 4.0.  Then I dropped the incline t0 12.5 (kept the same speed), for 8 minutes.  The final 2 minutes I had the incline at 10 and left the speed still at 4.0.  It was a definite booty blaster.

The last 20 minutes I used the Elliptical (with moving handles). I did a rolling hills workout at level 12.  I then ventured into the weight room where I mainly focused on legs, chest, biceps and abs.  I left a very sweaty mess. 

After a much needed scrub down in a super hot shower it was chow time.

Very Berry Oats reins supreme in my kitchen these days. 

 

DSC05172

 

I cooked 1/2 a cup of oatmeal mixed with 1/2 a scoop Jay Robb Vanilla Rice Protein and water on the stove.  I added a sprinkle of cinnamon while the oats got nice and creamy. Once the mixture was to the consistency that I like, I added 1/2 a cup of frozen sliced strawberries and a little less than 1/2 a cup of frozen blueberries. 

 

DSC05168

 

I topped it off with fresh strawberries, PB2 and a tablespoon of almond butter.  The container of strawberries that I purchased this week is extra sweet.  This bowl of berry delight was just way too good.  Even looking at the photo now makes me want to dig in. 

Time to go hang with my little songster. I hope you have a great day. 

2 comments:

sotoole said...

Samantha, thanks for posting Declan's wonderful birthday song. I love it! -Sandy

Meredith said...

I like your idea of mixing up the different cardio with 20 minutes of each. I might give that a try on my cross training days. I get so bored after 40 minutes on the elliptical, I can never make it for a full hour!

Also, I love that bowl that your breakfast is in, the shape is so unique.