Monday, November 2, 2009

The Productivity Continued

While D was at school today I managed to dust and vacuum my entire house.  I even moved furniture and discovered some rather frightening dust bunnies.  Boy did that make me feel like a slacker – I HATE DUST BUNNIES!!!! I must make it a point to clean behind our dressers more often.

After the cleaning extravaganza, I ventured outside to pack up the Halloween decorations.  While I was out there I felt a little adventurous and decided to rake some leaves. Well that led to having to bag them or else my neighbor would put me his poo list. It was a bit windy and the pile was heading his way.  I bagged 5 bags and then I ran out of time.  I would say that I had a very productive day. 

I did feed myself some pretty yummy stuff today.  I found a new spread at Whole Foods that I have actually been wanting to try – Hemp Seed Butter.  There is a whopping 11 grams of protein in one tablespoon.

 

DSC05075 DSC05076

 

I spread  a tablespoons worth on 2 pieces of bread with some apple butter.  If you like the taste of hemp then you would enjoy this. If not, this is not the spread for you.  The hemp flavor is very potent. I actually really like it.

 

DSC05071

 

I also had an apple and zucchini.

 

 

DSC05069

 

Dinner tonight was a veg fest – canned pumpkin, roasted acorn squash (I peeled it this time. I think the peel is not tummy friendly) and chick peas.  I added a little sprinkle of cinnamon because really nothing goes better with pumpkin.  

 

DSC05081

 

For some grains I had an english muffin topped with almond butter, peanut butter and jelly.

 

 

DSC05079

 

After dinner it was tub time for my little sweet tart.  Then he and Charlie spent some quality time playing video games – father/son bonding at its best.  He is just about to head up to bed so I must go give him lots of hugs and kisses goodnight. 

I hope you had a great day.  See you tomorrow.

No comments: