Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pearly Whites

Hello blogland!  Sorry I was MIA yesterday.  I got to spend the whole day with my main squeeze and it was fabulous.  First thing yesterday morning we went to the elementary school across from our house and REGISTERED D FOR KINDERGARTEN!!!!!!  Can you believe it?  Here is the funny thing  - they actually make every student take a bus to school.  Yup, he will be hopping on a bus that will drive him about 100 feet to the school parking lot.  I will probably be able to watch him get off the bus when he arrives.  At least I will know he made it there safely. 

This sweet thing is growing up way too fast. Handsome little dude, isn’t he? I just want to smother those cheeks with kisses.

 

tuesdayAM

 

Before we left I did manage to fill my tummy with a bowl of delicious berry oats. 

After our adventure to the school, it was time to head to the dentist.  All 3 of us are now sporting some pearly whites.  I absolutely love how squeaky clean my teeth feel after the hygienist works her magic.

 

DSC05221

 

Straight from there, it was off to school for D.  When Charlie & I got home we had lunch together – without any interruptions (that’s rare). 

I had a hemp butter & jelly sandwich, tortilla chips, apple and zucchini.

 

 

DSC05224

 

Charlie finished first – he tends to eat fast. He was playing with the camera & I found this on there this morning.  Even thought it was 70 degrees out, I am still bundled up like it is the dead of winter. What can I say, I am ALWAYS chilly. 

After lunch we took Otto for a walk.  It felt like the old days except I am pretty sure we talked about D the entire time.  Even when we get alone time, he is still the main focus. 

 

Lunching 

Eventually we did have to go retrieve our little sweet tart. He was thrilled to see daddy there too.  A weekday with his big buddy home is such a treat.

Charlie had a real hankering for a grinder last night. So it was off to Whole Foods for the goods.  He picked out all the necessary ingredients for his sandwich and I made myself a big salad. 

 

DSC05234

 

Which I ate with a Turk’y Burger and almond cheese.  I seriously love these patties.  If you have not tried them yet, I highly recommend that you do.

 

 

DSC05232

 

For a little sweet ending I had 2 Corn Thins topped with sunflower seed butter, peanut butter and jelly.

 

 

DSC05235

 

After dinner we had ourselves a Wii bowling tournament – D won.  Then we all played the golfing game – I won.  Not sure how that happened, I stink at regular golf.  It was good times. We definitely need to do that more often. 

This morning I was up and out the door super early.  I had a glorious and sweaty workout at the gym.  After a good scrub down it was oatmeal time. 

On the menu today – Pumpkin Oats. 

oatmeal, pumpkin, cinnamon, PB2 and almond butter

The addition of pumpkin really does “fluff” up the oats. Breakfast was fantastic! 

 

DSC05242

 

While I cooked up my pot of lusciousness, the very computer savvy D played his favorite Star Wars game. 

 

tuesdayAM2

 

Today I am going to my Nana’s house to give her a perm.  I think that the weather is supposed to be nice again so hopefully D and I can get a little fresh air at some point as well. 

I hope you have a great day. 

6 comments:

MelissaNibbles said...

Kindergarten sounds very exciting for your little guy!

I enjoy the Quorn products as well. They're very tasty!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice day you had!
Those 2 bowls of oatmeal looks even creamier and amazing then usual. Did you do something different with them?

HeatherBakes said...

Oh my goodness- kindergarten!! Is D super excited? I'm cracking up at the bus situation, though I bet D will love it. My school didn't have buses and I was always sad that I didn't get to ride one.

Have a great day!

itsawrapteacher said...

How exciting...but bittersweet for kindergarten!
Hemp butter, not that's a new one! Where can I find that?

Mama Pea said...

Kind of off topic, but has D been to the dentist yet?

I haven't taken Gigi and she is terrified. Can't I just get a sonicare and do it myself? ;)

ratzxfink said...

HI Sammie, YOur boy's growing up so fast! he's a handsome!:)
i always read about pumpkin in oats in your blog and other blogs, I'm thinking of trying it and was wondering if you use canned pumpkin and if you could share with me how you actually cook them. Do you put them in the oats and cook them together or after you cook the oats, and i presume, your oats are stove cooked? what if i were to microwave them? thanks a million! :) alwyas enjoy reading your blog and looking at your pics that you take :) thanks again.