Tuesday, November 17, 2009

No Need for Crust

I had a typical day of “Sammie” eats.  Lots of veggies, fruit, nut/seed butter – you know the drill.  

Here was my lunch – oh yeah, there was a piece of almond cheese in there as well.

 

DSC05479

 

And some leftover spaghetti squash.

 

 

DSC05481

 
My very circular themed dinner – maybe I should have served it on a square plate?

This would be the ever so popular (at least at my dinner table), Turk’y Burger with my favorite crimson dipper.  As well as an English muffin topped with almond butter, sunflower seed butter and jelly. 

 

 

DSC05488

 

The meal needed some greenery so I had a bowl of lettuce and broccoli drizzled with Briannas dressing.

 

DSC05485

 

This afternoon I did a little baking and made an Impossible Vegan Pumpkin Pie.  Can you tell what is missing?

 

DSC05489

 

There isn’t a crust.  The “custardy” filling actually forms a crust during the baking processes – very cool! 

You are supposed to let the pie cool completely before cutting but I am impatient and had to dig in ASAP.  I needed some dessert after dinner and this baby was calling me. 

 

 

DSC05495 DSC05496

 

In my typical style, I did make a few alterations to the original recipe. Instead of soy milk, I used almond milk.  And I used 1/4 cup agave nectar instead of 3/4 cup sugar.

It turned out pretty good – even Charlie thought it was tasty.  He does think that it needs to be sweeter so if you make it and want a sweeter version than up the agave or whatever you decide to use to sweeten your pie.

I am off to get some shut eye.  I am really hoping that my sweet tart does not wake me up in the middle of the night.  He is on a roll of harassing me 3 times a night – ugh, Mommy needs sleep too.  We are trying to keep him in his own bed but the little bugger just won’t give up.  He came into my room and asked to sleep next to me every hour on the hour from 2 am – 4 am.  I’m almost positive that he is lacking a good nights rest as well. 

I hope you have a good night.

3 comments:

kasondra said...

I like the round dinner! It looks like Mickey Mouse!
You and I have similar foods!
Love your eats!
xoxo

tam said...

Pumpkin pie looks delish! x x

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

I love crustless pies, and I would have dug in immediately as well. :)

I also love typical "Sammie" eats...especially when they include sunflower seed butter. I'm on a Sunbutter kick these days. Going to try making my own.

Hope you & D both got some sleep last night Sammie!