Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A New Dressing

Well my Nana’s head is perfectly topped with cutie curls.  I’ve tried to convince her that those chemicals are no good for her hair but she just won’t budge.  I mean the smell alone scares me, never mind putting that stuff on my scalp.  The smell was so strong that we drove the kiddos right out of the house.  D and Rocco had themselves an afternoon of adventure in the yard – those two have such great imaginations.

Before we headed over to Nana’s house we had lunch. 

I had a PB & J sandwich and an apple.  Yes, I always eat my sandwich open face.  If I pack it to go then no (that would just be too messy and you all know that I despise a mess),  and I eat it like a normal person would.

 

DSC05245 

 

I also had chopped zucchini topped with a new dressing that I bought at Whole Foods last night.

 

 

DSC05254

 

 Brianna’s Special Request Lively Lemon Tarragon –  It is delicious and very fresh tasting. 

 

DSC05250 DSC05251

 

It is so tasty that I had it for dinner as well.  I topped some salad greens and zucchini with a couple tablespoons.  Not the most exciting salad but it did the trick. 

 

DSC05259

 

I also had a Turk’y Burger (I think I have developed a new obsession – please don’t tell me they are bad for me), which I ate on an English muffin with ketchup – obviously.  On the side I had oven fries.  The easiest way that I have found to make these bad boys is to cut the potato into thin strips and bake in a 450 degree oven on a Silpat lined baking sheet.  No oil needed but you can add some if you so wish.  This batch was my best one yet.  The outside had the perfect amount of crunch with a nice soft interior.  Look none of them are charred – I think this was a first for me.  My “fries” usually get a little too over done. 

 

DSC05261

 

Dessert was 2 Corn This, a tablespoon of peanut butter and jelly. 

 

DSC05264

 

I am off to spend some time with my main squeeze who just happens to have the day off from work tomorrow.  Two days this week – I am getting spoiled.  I have to work in the kids room at the gym in the morning but then we have the rest of the day for some family fun (D’s school is closed too). 

I hope you have a great night. 

4 comments:

A said...

Hi Sammie-Great post...those corn thins look great, do you find them at Whole Foods? Thanks!!

Molly said...

I really need to try some Quorn products...although I'm at the point now where I don't like imitation meat products, I keep hearing great things about them!

kasondra said...

I love that you eat as much PB +J as i do!! simply fantastic! you can't get a more satisfying combo!
Also, I love the Wuorn turkey burgers! I found them once and haven't found them again. They are my favorite though!

Sammie said...

A,
Yes, I usually buy them at Whole Foods. I have also seen them at Shaw's but they are more $$$ there.


Kasondra,
I know, aren't they fantastic? I can actually get them at Stop & Shop. I hope you are able to locate them again.