Tuesday, November 3, 2009

How Grows It?

So I am 3 months into this hair growing thing and let me tell you – I HATE MY HAIR!!!  It is really tough to grow in such an extremely short hair style.  If you have hair that you are able to pull back into a ponytail then that makes growing out your hair so much easier.  Unfortunately, I do not have that option yet - I will get there.  Here is how it turned out this morning – at least I was able to tame it so it is not too unruly.  Curly hair can have a mind of its own.  I will probably throw on one of my many hats if I venture out today. Then I will have hat head –  yeah, much better.  D likes to tell me how crazy my hair looks when I take off my hat.

 

Ihatemyhair

 

I would also like to tell my father-in-law that I love my new sweatshirt.  I am sporting an O’Toole University hoodie (my last name), given to me by my in-laws.  Everyone in the family got either a sweatshirt or a t-shirt.  It is keeping me nice a warm – Thank you!!!  And no, Charlie will not be wearing his the same time as me – he thinks that is dorky.  I kind of think it is cute – I guess I am  a dork. 

This morning I was at the gym super early for a lovely workout.  I ran 5.5 miles then I did a 1 mile walking hill climb.  I ended with some free weights followed by foam rolling. 

Breakfast this morning was another bowl of Very Berry Oatmeal.

I prepared it a little differently today.  I cooked 1/2 a cup of oatmeal with water on the stove.  I added a little cinnamon while it was cooking up.  I actually made it a little on the thick and sticky side because after I took it off the heat, I added 1/2 a scoop of Jay Robb Vanilla protein powder that I mixed with about 1/3 of a cup of water.  This way the oatmeal was not super runny.  It turned out the perfect consistency. I also stirred in a cup of frozen berries before pouring it into the bowl. 

I made a lovely topping of fresh strawberries, PB2 and a tablespoon of almond butter.

 

DSC05083

 

I am not sure what is on the agenda today.  The D Man and I might head to Target. I am in need of new socks.  For some reason, mine are getting holes in them.  I am not referring to my running socks – I am talking about my everyday ones.  I had to throw away one of my favorite pairs yesterday. Time to boogie.

Enjoy your day.

3 comments:

MelissaNibbles said...

Your hair looks beautiful!

Mama Pea said...

I PROMISE you, I'm not just saying this. Your hair is ADORABLE! I love it. You don't even need a hat, it's just darling.

Pops said...

Hi Sam, You're welcome. I went a little crazy with the shirts. Jack and I wore ours when we went trick-or-treating with his kids. He thought we looked dorky too. I said it was our costumes, we went as twins :)

Big Charlie