Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Hat of the Day

Good morning!!  How is your day going so far?  I was up and out the door by 5 AM and had a glorious workout at the gym.  I did a little cardio mixer – 30 minutes on the Elliptical, 5 minute hill climb on the treadmill followed by a 15 minute run and then finished with another 6 minutes of hill climbing.  I ventured into the weight room for a little while and focused mainly on legs, shoulders, biceps and abs.  In my normal fashion, I left rather grimy. 

Once I rid myself of the filth, it was breakfast time.  On the menu today – Berry Berry Oat Bran.

1/2 cup oat bran cooked with water and cinnamon, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, almond butter and peanut butter

 

DSC05298

 

The warm goodness was very tummy filling.

So today’s hat of the day is the new one that I bought last night. It is a knit hat but not too heavy that I am going to overheat wearing it indoors. 

 

IMG000156

 

I really love the bow on the side – so feminine. 

 

IMG000153

I have developed quite a hat fetish to go along with my shoe fetish.  Actually, I have not purchased a new pair of shoes in a LONG time.  We have been trying to be a little more frugal with our money.  The shoes that I like tend to be $$$ and not a necessity at the moment.  Christmas is coming so maybe Mommy can get a new pair of shoes from Santa.  I really can not believe the holidays are right around the corner.  That also means my little man is going to be 5 years old soon – yikes!!!

Are you looking forward to the holidays this year?  What do you like the most? Now that I have D, Christmas morning is my favorite – I love seeing him open his presents with such excitement.  It really brings back all those great memories of my childhood.  I also like seeing all the decorations in the stores and on peoples houses. The lights just make the neighborhoods so beautiful.

This afternoon D and I are heading to my sis’s house.  She has an appointment so I am watching Rocco.  I am really looking forward to seeing his sweet little face as he steps off the school bus.  D is thrilled to be spending some time with his best buddy.

I hope you have a great day.

6 comments:

Jackey said...

What a cute hat! You look great in in! Its time to get the stylish hats out now with the cold weather coming on.
Love the berry oats!
Oh, I tried that Hemp seed butter and its great, I cannot believe it packs 11 g of protein in only 1 tablespoon...excellent way to get in some quick calories.

kasondra said...

My favorite part of the holidays is seeing everyone so happy. I with they were like that year round. I also love preparing presents for people. I get so excited to finally give them!

Anne said...

I love the magic of kids faces at Christmas!
Nice oats - Jay Robb scoop in there too?

Anne Marie said...

I love the hat-it's adorable!

Sammie said...

Anne,
No, I left it out.

tam said...

I love your hat its so cute! x