Friday, November 13, 2009

Bowling Tournament

Happy Friday!!  What a day I’ve had over here.  From my early wake-up, to cleaning and being Mommy – I’ve yet to stop. 

After my fabulous workout I made a splendid bowl of Blueberry Pumpkin Oatmeal.  Sounds like an odd combo but it was actually darn tasty.

This concoction contained 1/2 cup oats, water, cinnamon, 1 full cup of pumpkin (oh ya!!! – I am determined to get my orangey glow on for the weekend), 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, PB2 and almond butter.

 

DSC05326

 

My sweet tart and I headed to my sister-in-laws so that I could giver her house a good scrub-a-dub. After 2 + hours of cleaning it was time to get my sidekick to school.

Once I got home it was definitely time to feed myself – I was famished. 

I had zucchini, an apple, almond cheese and a 2 slices of bread topped with sunflower seed butter, almond butter and jelly.

 

DSC05329

 

I also had a few tortilla chips – told you I was ready to chew my arm off.  After my feast my tummy was very satisfied.

 

 

DSC05332

 

While I was home alone, I did laundry and dishes.  Then it was time to pick up D – the time flew by. 

Dinner was a simple salad – lettuce and zucchini drizzled with Brianna’s dressing

 

 DSC05333

 

I also had a serving of Quorn Chik’n Tenders, 2 baby potatoes (cooked in the microwave) and an English muffin topped with almond butter and jelly (naturally). 

 

DSC05335

 

The three of us are going to have a Wii bowling tournament this evening. Should be lots of fun.  I am off to kick some bootie (or get my bootie kicked).  Have a great night.

4 comments:

MelissaNibbles said...

Wow, two hours of cleaning! You're very nice to do that.

I hope you had a wonderful time bowling with your boys :)

Jo said...

I really enjoy your blog. Nice oats. I have just picked up a can of pumpkin and need to break it open before the fall is over.

ktbwood said...

that is awesome you put ONE cup of pumpkin!! pumpkin mania!! your son is so adorable!

Julia said...

Hey Sammie!
Just wanted to say you made my Sunday when I read "scrub-a-dub." There are many subtle things in your everyday vernacular that I just really enjoy. Have a nice Sunday