Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Big Boot

Happy Wednesday!!  And Happy Veteran’s Day.  Today I got to spend the majority of the day with my 2 favorite guys.  I did have a couple hours away from them while I babysat at the gym.  It was utter chaos in there today since the kiddos had the day off from school. 

My first visit to the gym this morning was “me” time.  It was my typical sweat fest and felt darn good. 

Breakfast was an “everything but the” bowl of oat bran.  This gorgeous concoction contained oat bran, pumpkin, frozen blueberries, frozen strawberries, cinnamon, PB2 and almond butter.  It was super tasty.

 

DSC05268

 

I got to enjoy lunch with my guys.  I had a simple salad – lettuce, zucchini and my new favorite dressing.

 

 

DSC05271

 

I also had a Rudi’s bagel with PB, an apple and almond cheese.

 

 

DSC05275

 

After lunch we went out for a little while.  I was in the mood to hit up the mall so we ventured to Legacy Place in Dedham. 

D was a goof ball on the drive.

 

silly

silly2

 

We had a photo session on the BIG BOOT outside of the LL Bean store.

 

 

bigboot

 

I found a cute new hat at Urban Outfitters.  I have reached the point in the hair growing where I am not leaving the house without a hat.  It really has turned into a mop.  Yes, I have TONS of layers on – 2 shirts, a sweatshirt, a fleece jacket and a down vest.  At least I was not the slightest bit chilly. 

 

 

bigboot2

 

We had dinner at Whole Foods – fast and easy.

 

DSC05295

DSC05297

 

I made a mixture of goodies from the hot bar (chana masala, lentil dahl, steamed cauliflower, broccoli and squash) over a layer of baby spinach from the salad bar.  Not the prettiest thing to look at but it tasted amazing.  I LOVE the Indian spices – soooooo flavorful. 

 

 

DSC05292

 

I just love our family time. Our little family unit is perfect – I could not ask for anything more.

I am off to enjoy the last few hours of the day with my main squeeze.  I hope you had a great day. 

2 comments:

kasondra said...

sounds like a great day! I love starting off my day with a good sweat, althoug lately it tends to only be a walk with the dogs. Then a nice finish with your family!
P.S. I really want to try that PB2 i really can't justify getting it though!

Rose said...

That is one big boot! How fun!