Monday, November 2, 2009

Another Benefit to Rising Early

I can fit in a quick stop at the grocery store on my way home from the gym.  I did not do my weekly shopping during the weekend so I am out of a few staples – frozen berries, yogurt for Charlie’s lunches and oranges (another must have for his lunches). I buzzed through the store in a matter of 20 minutes crossing a few things off my list.  I still need to go to Whole Foods since I can’t buy everything that I need at Stop & Shop.  I feel so productive this morning.  Now if I can get my house cleaned while D is at school then today will be an A+ day for me. 

I was up and out the door by 5 AM.  At the gym I did 20 minute intervals on the Stair Climber, 40 minutes on the Elliptical (I keep the tension high in order to keep my HR up and my arms working hard) and then I did weights. 

After my quickie run to the store I ventured home to shower and make a yummy bowl of oatmeal.

Very Berry Oats were on the menu today.  I bought a bag of frozen blueberries and strawberries this morning and was hankering to use them in my bowl of creamy delight. 

 

DSC05065

A simple combo of 1/2 cup oatmeal, water and 1/2 a scoop of Jay Robb Vanilla Rice Protein was cooked on the stove.  I added cinnamon for another level of flavor once the oats thickened up a bit.  Before pouring the goods into my bowl, I added 1/2 a cup each of the blueberries & strawberries (still frozen).  I like the berries to melt into my oats which also helps to cool it down so I do not scorch my mouth. 

 

DSC05067

Topped off with PB2 and a tablespoon of almond butter, this bowl was ready to be savored.  And savor I did.  Every delicious, creamy and fluffy bite. 

I am off to spend some time with my little doobie before it is time for me to drop him off at school.  He asked if I would take him to Panera for a bagel – he is such a cutie pie. I hope you have a fabulous Monday.

4 comments:

polly said...

hi my long distance bff!

Yes, I LOVE mornings that are productive! With the time change I was up super duper early. Cleaning, baked some granola, laundry, pumpkin pie to school, then walked 3 CHILLY miles with a dear friends, did 30 squats (wowzie quads) and to the store on my way home for a few things. double PHEW for Sammie and Pol! :) My breakfast of choice today was a new fave... been off the oatmeal wagon lately, for some reason been loving protein-y meals. Today was a can of tuna with a big crunchy orchard apple all cut up together, then 2 warm boiled eggs on the side. I love warm eggs instead of cold ones, do you? Okay, love you my friend. Wait.. I forgot I don't think you are eating eggs now. Okay, never mind, enjoy your chickpeas and apples and I'll eat mine with tuna and we'll still be bffs. :) hehe


Love you!! Hope you win my DVD!!! :) I will be fair, but I will cross my fingers for you. XOXO

Mama Pea said...

I think it must be the time change, because we were up early too, and I also was so impressed with all we could get done. Hmm...maybe we just need to go to bed an hour earlier each night :)

Enjoy this lovely fall day!

Molly said...

I love getting everything done early in the morning...makes the rest of the day so much more bearable!

peanutbutterfingers said...

woooow you made the PB2 & almond butter look so creamy & delicious! i just finished lunch & you're making me hungry again. ;)