Saturday, November 21, 2009

9 Years

November 21, 2000 was mine and Charlie’s first date.  He took me out to dinner to a very lovely restaurant.  And yes, I was just as much a picky eater back then as I am now.  It is amazing just how much we have experienced together in the past 9 years.  Parenthood being the biggie.

This morning I ventured out for a run.  It was actually really nice out there today – not too chilly.  After my 8 mile run it was time for some oaty goodness. 

I had to resort to the microwave method since I was pressed for time (Saturdays D has karate at 9 so we need to be on the road by 8:30).  My oatmeal turned out delicious regardless. I find stovetop oats to be more creamy but in a pinch I will take a nuked bowl too. 

In the mix today:

1/ cup oats, 1 cup water, frozen blueberries & pineapple chunks and sunflower seed butter.

I gobbled it up quickly so that we could be on our merry way. 

 

DSC05579

 

I am currently at Borders – a usual stop for us after class. My main squeeze and I usually have tea and chat. 

 

borders1

 

I am having a cup of English Breakfast. Perfect accompaniment while blogging.

 

DSC05580 

 

I decided to try out the new free wi-fi.  This location just started to offer it a couple weeks ago. 

 

DSC05586

 

D had hot cocoa and a cookie.  Now he is browsing the kid books.

 

 

borders2

 

So last night I made one of the best salads. I wanted to share it with you because I used canned veggies – something that I usually do not use.  I tend to stay away from canned vegetables since they can contain high amounts of sodium – even if you do the drain and rinse thing.  Well I found no salt added green beans and sliced beets – 2 tummy friendly veggies.  I also tossed on raw broccoli, almonds, cashews, pistachios and raisins. A little drizzle of Briannas dressing and I was good to go. 

 

DSC05572 

Staying on the veggie subject, my sweet tart is still chowing down on broccoli on a daily basis – I know, who is this kid.  I bought a 2 lb bag yesterday so lets hope he doesn’t go turning on me.  I think as long as I let him dip it in ranch dressing he is happy. 

After D was all snuggly in his bed last night, Charlie and I watched Twilight. I enjoyed it but the book was WAY better. Now I really want to see New Moon. 

I am not sure what is on the agenda for the rest of the day. We are having really great weather, especially for the middle of November. 

I hope you have a great weekend. 

5 comments:

polly said...

Love you, friend!!!

I did that fitness quiz and I am a GOLD girl. :) Love people, love yoga, love making it a warm and fuzzy fun event.

YOU are adorable. I love your hair curly and longer.. but I love you smiley the best. :) Even when you don't look happy, you are cute as ever. I know your heart is happy cause it's full of Charlie and D and the Lord!!!!! XOXO

Have a great Saturday with your boys. How fun to blog at the bookstore!!!! HUGS bff!!!! XOXO

VeggieGirl said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! :)

MelissaNibbles said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your day.

tam said...

Congrats for being together for 9 years! x x x

polly said...

I totally forgot to say

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, sweetie!!! :) XOXO