Tuesday, October 13, 2009

US Wins for Best Porridge

Happy rainy Tuesday!  It is cold and wet out there today.  Looks like D and I will be hanging inside where it is dry and warm. 

This morning I got in my workout super early at the gym.  I did a 5 mile run on the treadmill followed by 20 minutes on the Elliptical and then weights. 

Breakfast was a bowl of cinnamon blueberry oat bran cooked with 1/2 a scoop of the new protein powder.

 

DSC04676

 

And then topped it with my 2 favorite toppings – sunflower seed butter and PB2.

 

DSC04681

 

So the other day Charlie sent me  this link.  He knows how much the blog world and I adore our oats.  It is pretty cool that the US came out on top. They did enter with a pretty fancy porridge recipe. My concoctions would not stand a chance against that one.  Way to go “Oatmerica”!!!

Have you ever entered a food contest?  What did you make?  How did you do?

Time to play a game with the D Man – he is patiently waiting for me to stop typing.  I hope you have a fabulous day. 

3 comments:

Erica said...

NICE early am workout! What a great way to start the day. Have fun with D- hope the weather clears up

HeatherBakes said...

It's nonstop rain here, too!! Yuck. You guys stay dry and cozy!

I entered a soup competition a year or so ago, but didn't win :( Actually, thanks for the reminder- I want to make that recipe again!

Anne Marie said...

I've never entered a food contest, but that sounds like fun!