Friday, October 16, 2009

So Not Ready for this Weather

It was actually snowing here today – I HATE SNOW!!!!!  Thankfully there was no accumulation so I am not that upset.  It is dang cold out there – like hat and mitten weather.  Yesterday we had to break down and turn on our heat.  When the thermostat on the inside reads about the same as the outside, you know it is time.  I am really not ready for the cold weather. 

I did venture to the gym in the nasty weather this morning – the roads were actually perfectly clear.  I did a 7 miler on the treadmill followed by a lovely free weight session. 

For breakfast I made a hearty bowl of pumpkin oat bran which did a super job of keeping me full while I cleaned my sister-in-law’s house for 2 hours. 

Nothing like oaty goodness to keep me satisfied. 

 

DSC04766 

After the cleaning extravaganza, I packed my little sweet tater in the truck with some lunch and headed to his school.  Thankfully he did not give me a hard time about the PB&J that I packed – he ate the whole thing.  Lunch on the run is tough when you have a picky eater – I never know if he will partake in what I pack. 

Once he was at school, I then headed home to feed myself some lunch. 

I had a PB&J english muffin

 

DSC04770

 

zucchini, apple and cinnamon

 

DSC04767

 

and a Plain Chobani mixed with PB2.

 

DSC04776

 

Tonight Charlie is going to a Porketta Dinner with my brother-in-law and Uncle so I was thinking that maybe me and D should have a little date.  We will probably just end up at Whole Foods – I know, how adventurous of me.  At least I know that I will not eat something that will make my stomach hurt and D really likes the pizza.

By the way, I finished my book last night. I am going to get book 2 ASAP. Maybe D and I will venture to the bookstore tonight.

Well I have a little more peace & quite time to myself. Time to turn off the computer and enjoy it.  I hope you have a great day. 

2 comments:

Tina said...

Mmmm all your oatmeal concoctions inspired me to order a sample of PB2 yesterday!! Can't wait to try it

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Sammie,
Hope you had a fun date night with D. Whole Foods is always a fun adventure for me and a challenge. My goal is to weigh in at under $15, but last time I went over. Love my heavy veggies. :)

Still gotta try that zucchini apple cinnamon combo. Soon!