Monday, October 12, 2009

Life Time Protein

Life Time Life’s Basic Protein combines Pea, Hemp, Rice and Chia Seed for a plant based mix that has a stellar vegetarian protein profile. 

 

DSC04662

 

Not only does it deliver a hefty dose of protein but you get Omega 3-6-9 essential fatty acids,amino acids, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.

 

DSC04663

 

You all know my lover for Jay Robb Vanilla Rice Protein but this definitely gives Mr. Robb a run for his money.  Life Time is not as sweet as JR but it has an amazingly creamy consistency.  I am going to guess that the chia seeds are to account for that.  When mixed with a liquid the chia seeds turn into a pudding like substance that is rather luscious on their own.

I mixed up a batch of blueberry oat bran this morning to put the new powder to the test.  I cooked 1/2 a cup of oat bran with water and 1/2 a scoop of the protein powder.  It actually absorbed a lot more water than the usual batch.

 

DSC04665

 

I added a cup of frozen blueberries once the oat bran reached the right consistency.  I topped it off with a tablespoon of sunflower seed butter and PB2. 

Not only was this stuff delicious and creamy, it smelled amazing too.

 

DSC04664

 

I love it!!  I am very glad that I found Life Time Protein Powder – it is going to be a staple in my diet.  I bought it at Whole Foods and the Health & Beauty Associate said that she has a hard time keeping it on the shelf because it sells out so fast – I can definitely see why.  If you are looking for a new protein source, I highly recommend the Life Time Life’s Basic Vanilla protein. 

After my workout at the gym this morning it was a great way to refuel. 

I hope you have a great Monday.  I am off to put on another layer of clothing – it is FREEZING today. 

1 comment:

Jessie-Lynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.