Thursday, October 29, 2009

Learning To Read

We have been really making an effort to teach D to read.  Every night he and Daddy sit together and read one of his letter books. I thought that maybe you would let be brag a bit this morning – I can’t help it – he’s my little sweet tart.  I made a video of him reading with me.  He gets stumped every now and then, but for the most part he does recognize a lot of words.  I hope you enjoy.

 

 

In case you are at all curious, I made a big bowl of Pumpkin Oatmeal for breakfast.  It was great post gym fuel. 

 

DSC04984

 

I just could not resist the pumpkin staring me down in the fridge. It really does add such fluffiness to the oats.

 

DSC04987

 

Time to get my little reader dressed.  He has been in PJ’s since Tuesday night – at least I made him put on clean ones. 

I hope you have a great Thursday.  The weekend is in sight.  What are you guys doing for Halloween? We are obviously taking D trick or treat.  Let the candy overload begin. Just what a 4 year old needs – SUGAR RUSH.  I will definitely have to ration it out to him.

See ya

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought some canned pumpkin, so I will have to put that on the agenda. I just read that today is National Oatmeal Day! Your little boy is so smart. You will much fun on Halloween since it is such a magical time for kids. (I am going to a Charity Dinner - halloween theme).

HeatherBakes said...

Such a smart little guy!! Great job, D!

I think we're just passing out candy on Halloween... going out has kind of lost its appeal at this point :) And I love to see all of the little costumes!

polly said...

D is a smartie! :)

Pumpkin...love it!! Had a big glob (at least a cup worth) today with turkey on top again. Love the combo. Sea salt makes it extra mmm. I haven't put it in my oats for a while, gotta do that.

Love you, friend. Ab will get her share of candy too... :D We are heading to church right after trick or treating, so maybe she'll be extra attentive when the sugar kicks in... hehe ;)

Kath said...

So cute!! GO D!!

Mama Pea said...

Hi hon,

Your posts have not been showing up in my Reader, that's why I have been MIA. I'm wondering if something is up with your feed. Anyway, I'm going to go try to resubscribe!

Love yas!
S

Olivia said...

That's so cool Sam! We have that set of books, and Benny really likes them. Tell your little guy that his Aunt Olivia and Uncle Jack are really really proud of him!