Monday, October 5, 2009

Italian Meatloaf

When I am thinking of things to make Charlie for dinner, I always try to come up with something that will leave him leftovers that way I can have easier meal prep at least a couple times a week. 

It has been a while since I made him meatloaf so that was what I decided to whip up for him tonight.  I went for a nontraditional recipe – Italian Meatloaf.   I usually wing it when I mix up a meatloaf (egg, bread crumbs or oatmeal, spices, Worcestershire Sauce), but tonight I actually followed the recipe.  Well not 100%, I left out the onions and red pepper. 

 

italianmeatloaf3 

 

He LOVED it.  Apparently it was like eating a big meatball.  He is really looking forward to eating the leftovers.  He has a sandwich in mind for his next meal.  

I am going to save this recipe and definitely make it for him more often, especially since it was so easy to prepare.  My mission was accomplished this evening. 

 

 

italianmeatloaf2

 

For my dinner I made a fluffy batch of Cinnamon Pear Oats. 

1/2 cup Oatmeal, water, 1/2 scoop Jay Robb Vanilla Rice Protein Powder, peeled and chopped pear, cinnamon, PB2 and sunflower seed butter

 

DSC04526

 

I added a scoop of cottage cheese to the bowl for little extra creamy goodness.

 

DSC04528

 

Now I am turning off the computer and going to read my book.  I will catch up on all of my favorite bloggers tomorrow morning.  I hope that you had a fabulous one. 

Goodnight! 

2 comments:

Erica said...

The meatloaf looks like it turned out awesome! Josh would love that (I always make him turkey meatloaf and I think he'd prefer beef). I would much prefer your dinner though ;) Hope things are going well. Sorry I have been a bad commenter- I have been reading!

Charlie said...

Yeah I don't dig ground turkey either. This one is solid beef!