Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Earned My Break

Happy Wednesday!  I hope you are enjoying your day. 

I was out the door early and hit up the gym.  I did the same combo as yesterday – my legs were really in the mood for another run. 

I raced home and whipped up a beautiful bowl of purple oat bran – D even commented on its color.  In the mix – 1/2 cup oat bran, water, 1/2 a scoop of Life Time Life’s Basic Vanilla Protein powder, sprinkle of cinnamon and 1 cup frozen blueberries.  I topped it off with a luscious swirl of sunflower seed butter.

 

DSC04721

 

It was back to the gym with my sidekick in tow for the weekly babysitting shift - utter chaos as always. 

Once we got home I made the D Man lunch – ravioli & strawberries were on the menu for him today.  My boy sure does love those berries.  Thankfully I have one fruit that I can always count on him eating without a fuss.

I had the ever so popular (on my plate at least), toasted bread with peanut butter, apple butter and melted swiss cheese.  The apples on the side were ones that did not fit into the veggie/fruit bowl.

 DSC04727  

 

That would be zucchini, apple (obviously), cottage cheese and cinnamon.  So good, so good!!! 

 

DSC04724 

I dropped D off at school and came back to my homestead for a little cleaning frenzy.  I did laundry, scrubbed the bathroom sink and tub, cleaned my stove (I am a little anal about the top of my stove), washed the breakfast dishes and changed the sheets on D’s bed. 

Then I did something that I have never done.  I went to Panera for a little break – GASP!!!  I know, Sammie slowed down for more than a split second. I think that I earned my break, don’t you?

 

DSC04732

 

I had a cup of coffee while I read my book.  I have a little more than 100 pages left and I am hoping that I can take care of those this evening.  This book is so good – all the hype is totally spot on. 

I think that I might have to do this more often. I really enjoyed myself.

 

DSC04734

 

Tonight we have Parent Night a D’s school.  Charlie’s parents are coming over to stay with the little sweet tart while mommy and daddy attend.  I am probably just going to whip up a batch of pumpkin oats for myself since Charlie has his leftovers from last night.  It is going to be one of those eat and run deals this evening. 

Do you know what you are having for dinner tonight? I bet it is way more exciting than mine.  I would love to hear what you are making.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Sounds like a nice day :) Isn't twilight sooooo good! Enjoy the parents night. We are actually going out to dinner with friends tonight (we never go out during the week). Should be fun

Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) said...

Of course you earned a break!!! When you are done with Twilight, you need to get a book by Jennifer Weiner called "Goodnight Nobody." I'm reading it right now and it is terrific...the main character's a mom of 3, and boy can we relate! In fact, wait until I'm done and I'll send it to you to borrow :)

We're having vegetarian chili for dinner!!! And salad, of course.

Tina said...

Must get frozen blueberries! I'm always jealous of your creations :D