Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Hemp Fairies

Yesterday afternoon I was surprised to see a package on my doorstep.  I did not order anything and I was not expecting any deliveries.

Well the hemp fairies somehow got my address and sent me some goods. 

I currently have the Manitoba Harvest Vanilla Protein Powder and I really love mixing it in my oat bran.  I am super excited to try out the other products. 

 

DSC04535

 

I hit the gym early for a great 5 mile run, 20 min. on the Arc Trainer and weights. Once I was free of the workout grime, I cracked open the new container of Hemp Protein and whipped up some breakfast. 

The Hemp Pro 70 has more protein than the one I have been using and NO other added ingredients. 

I cooked up 1/2 a cup oat bran mixed with water, 2 TBSP Hemp Pro 70 and cinnamon.  After getting the mix to the consistency that I like, I added 1 cup frozen blueberries. I topped it off with 1 TBSP sunflower seed butter and PB2.

 

DSC04540 

 

The hemp protein was a nice nutty addition.  I do not think that I could mix up a drink and enjoy it on it’s own – I would need to add something to sweeten it.  But adding it to my breakfast creation worked quite well.  The cinnamon and the toppings were there for some flavor and the blueberries added a touch of sweetness as well. 

 

 DSC04537  

 

I also drank a cup of greens for breakfast.  I chugged it as fast as I could.  Gotta love that sludge at the bottom of the glass. 

 

 

DSC04541

 

Now I hate to give bad reviews but I did attempt to drink the Dark Chocolate Hemp Protein yesterday and it was just not happening.  I mixed it with water which was probably where I went wrong.  It was too earthy tasting even for me and I can drink grass without any problems. 

I wish that I saved this little packet and tried it in a batch of oatmeal – oh well.  The packet did say that you can cook with it – add a little to your brownie batter perhaps? 

 

DSC04524

 

Thank you to whoever sent me the hemp products.  I have no idea how you got my address but I guess you can track anyone down now a days. 

Before I go I would like to wish my sister-in-law a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!  She reads the blog on occasion and I am hoping that today is one of the days she stops by.  You are a fabulous sister-in-law, Ann, and also a super Auntie.  I hope that you have a wonderful day.

I am off to get that little monkey of mine dressed – he is still lounging in his pj’s.  Not sure what is on the agenda today but at least we are having sunny weather. 

Enjoy your day.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Thanks, Sam!! And correction, I read your blog everyday! Love it

MelissaNibbles said...

I can't drink protein shakes either. I prefer mixing it my oatmeal or in pancakes.

Gotta love those fairies that drop packages at your door :)

Tina said...

Your oatbran with the river of peanut butter always looks SOO good! I tried oat bran for the first time last week and loooved it.