Friday, October 2, 2009

Have some Oatmeal with Your Toppings

Happy Friday!!!  I am currently sitting in an extra quiet house since D is at school.  The sounds that I hear right now are the clock ticking, the cars driving by outside and my fingers typing.  It really is nice since I have had a busy day up to this point. 

I was up and at the gym early this morning.  I did my 20,20,20 workout (that would be 20 min. on the Stair Climber, 20 min. on the Elliptical & a 20 min. run on the Treadmill) followed by weights and some foam rolling. 

Breakfast was an amazing bowl of oat bran mixed with lots of berries, cinnamon and Vanilla Hemp Protein powder.  I keep forgetting that I have the HP so I am going to try to incorporate it into my food more.  And my Jay Robb Rice Protein is getting low – must get more soon. 

 

DSC04492

 

I went a little crazy with the toppings but it tasted so darn good.  Those streaks of goodness would happen to be 1 TBSP sunflower seed butter, 1 TBSP pumpkin butter and PB2. 

 

DSC04496

 

After I devoured that bowl of deliciousness, I packed up my cleaning gear and my sweet tart and hit the road.  My sister-in-law was home today so D got to enjoy some fun with her – he just adores his Auntie Ann.  Once I was finished cleaning, we hopped back in the truck and boogie to get D to school on time.  He ate his lunch on the drive to school and I snacked on a piece of string cheese and a can of V8. 

When I got home from bringing D to school it was definitely time for some real food – I was ready to eat my arm off – that snack did not last long. 

I made the same lunch as yesterday since I was so hungry and not in any mood to get creative. 

english muffin, egg, a piece of swiss cheese, sunflower seed butter, jelly and an apple

DSC04501

 

I did have different veggies – zucchini and cherry tomatoes – both are from my sis’s garden.

 

DSC04498

 

I have just under an hour left to myself so I am going to enjoy the last few moments of silence.  I hope you have a great afternoon.

1 comment:

Laura E said...

Love the title! That bowl of oats looks soo good! All the pumpkin butter is making me very impatient to get mine!

I hope you have a great weekend.