Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Happy Pumpkin

This afternoon D’s friend Ethan came over to play.  I got to visit with his mom who I actually became friends with when we were preggers.  We were the 2 pregnant ladies at the gym.  The boys are not even 2 months apart (E will be 5 tomorrow).  They are chums and enjoyed their time together today. 

After they left D and I took a little stroll up and down the street looking for Fall items (leaves, pine cones, acorns etc.). We were unable to locate acorns but managed to get a lot of the other goods.  He needs them for a school project tomorrow. 

Then it was pumpkin carving time.  This little gem has been waiting to be transformed into a jack-o-lantern.  This is the pumpkin that D picked at the patch last week on his field trip

I did the the carving – no sharp knives for the four year old.  He did the instructing.  We have a happy pumpkin.  There is a candle inside but it started to cook the top (just under the stem) so I decided to blow it out before we have singed pumpkin smell wafting through the house. 

 

DSC04763

 

For dinner I had 2 pieces of bread – one topped with egg & cheese and the other sunflower seed butter.  There was also apple slices on the side. 

 

DSC04751

 

I ate the rest of the apple mixed with zucchini, cinnamon, a drizzle of plain yogurt and PB2.  If you have not tried PB2 with veggies yet, you should. It is so yummy. 

 

 

DSC04759

 

Me and my guys just played 5 rounds of Uno – we love that game.  D is so competitive and is determined to kick our butts all the time.  Well I showed him – I actually won 2 of the rounds.  They are upstairs reading a story and then it is lights out for the little sweet tart.  I am going to get cozy in my pj’s and read my book.  I am getting so close to the end and I really want to finish it tonight.  I must not stay up to late – tomorrow I am cleaning and it is gonna be a crazy day. I hope you have a great night. 

No comments: