Monday, October 5, 2009

GO Team!!!

We had a great weekend here at my homestead.  Saturday was a pretty low key day since it was pretty icky outside (I did a sopping 7.2 mile run before taking D to karate) but Sunday was super exciting.  My brother-in-law & sister-in-law have Patriot’s season tickets and offered to take Charlie and I to the game.  D hung out at my sis’s house – he was thrilled to be with Rocco ALL day.  He declared it the best day of his life when we dropped him off – we were not going to be missed. 

Their seats are amazing. This was my first time at the Gillette Stadium which puts the old stadium to shame – not hard to do since the old one was a pit. 

 

1004091339 

 

Me and my honey getting a little husband + wife time.  We really do not get enough of it.  Don’t get me wrong, I was missing D by the time the game was over. 

 

 

1004091445

 

On a foodie note, I ate a pretzel during the game that was very dry and not that tasty.  It was the only healthy option that I could spot so I ate it just so that my stomach would not digest itself.  My hubby, on the other hand, chowed down on a beef brisket sandwich & fries.  We really are total opposites when it comes to our diets. 

Other eats of the weekend were pretty much the same old same old (this is just a few).

Blueberry Oat bran with sunflower seed butter, PB2 and Wild Blueberry Fruit Spread

 

DSC04515

 

Salmon Salad with apple & mustard

 

 

DSC04509

 

English Muffin with sunflower seed butter, fruit spread and apple

 

DSC04507

Veggies from my sis’s garden

 

DSC04508

 

Of course more Blueberry Oat bran with sunflower seed butter and pumpkin butter.

 

 

DSC04505

 

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal with a Caramel Apple Rice Cake and sunflower seed butter

 

 

DSC04513

As you can see, I am still loving my oaty concoctions.  Hey whatever works and they totally do it for my belly.

This morning I ventured to the gym and did 30 minutes on the Step Mill, 30 minutes on the Elliptical and weights. I recently started listening to music while I workout – thanks to my new gadget.  Thank you Charlie!!!! 

I had Lady Gaga to pump me up while I exercised.  I never thought that listening to music was necessary but now that I have been do so, I am hooked. 

Do you listen to music while exercising?

For breakfast I made the usual blueberry oat bran topped with sunflower seed butter & PB2. I must have been in a super rush to eat it because I forgot to take a picture – oops!!  I am sure that one less picture of oat bran in this post is not a bummer. It was super creamy and delicious. 

D is off to school this afternoon so I will have a little time to myself.  I have a few errands to run but then I think that I will come home and tidy up my house.

I hope you have a great Monday.

1 comment:

Julie said...

So I tried the sun nut butter and...I don't like it! It's just...not my taste I guess. I had to retun it! Oh well, I'm still on the look out for new nut butters to try.

I have to listen to music while I work out, it motivates me!