Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fifty Five & Freezing

It is absolutely freezing in my house right now.  I just checked the temperature outside and it is 55 degrees.  We have definitely entered an new season.  I refuse to turn on my heat this early so let the layering begin. 

Despite being frigid this morning, I was able to get out of bed at my normal hour which happens the be 4:20 – yes, I am a super early riser. 

I went to the gym and did a 6 mile run on the treadmill followed by weights.  The treadmill run warmed me up instantly – one of the benefits of running inside.  I took my sweaty self home and hopped into a piping hot shower – boy did that feel refreshing. 

Time for breakfast – Cinnamon Blueberry Oat bran which warmed me from the inside. 

It was the same concoction that has appeared in my bowl quite often these days – it is just too good to veer away from it. 

1/2 cup oat bran, 1/2 scoop Jay Robb Vanilla Rice Protein, cinnamon, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter and 1 tablespoon pumpkin butter

 

DSC04487

 

Lunch was more breakfast foods – egg and cheese, sunflower seed butter and jelly on an english muffin.  I added some fruit to the meal with one of my apples from my picking stash. 

 

 

DSC04491

 

 

For some veg, I had a summer squash from my sis’s garden. I could definitely tell that it was a fresh one.  The squash from her garden have soft skin and the flesh is not at all mealy.  Home grown goodness! 

 

 

DSC04488

 

Where has the day gone? Is it seriously almost 3 o’clock? 

I hope you are having a great day.

2 comments:

J said...

I don't like to confine my workouts to the gym. But, when the weather gets cold, I like to be inside. I do look forward to sweating in the gym after freezing all day though!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

A good workout, followed by a piping hot shower, and that bowl of oat bran? Perfect morning if you ask me. ;)