Monday, October 19, 2009

Dinner is Already in the Making

And so a new week is underway.  Thankfully the sun is shining and there is no sign of that white stuff falling from the sky. I seriously can not believe that it was snowing here this weekend.  There is no evidence since it did not adhere to anything – that would be a real bummer. 

I was up and out the door at my usual ridiculously early hour.  At the gym I did 30 minutes on the Elliptical, a 30 minute Treadmill run and weights.  A little IT Band foam rolling to follow. 

Breakfast this morning was a glass of grass. I almost have Charlie convinced he should try it.  I will let you know when I finally prevail.  Mmmmmm sludge!!! 

 

DSC04824

 

I also had a protein packed bowl of oatmeal.  I cooked 1/2 a cup oats with water and a full scoop of protein powder.  I added a decent dose of cinnamon towards the end of the cooking process.

I am super excited about the return of Trader Joe’s Cranberry Apple Butter.  It was finally at the store and I had to snag a jar.  That crimson beauty, along with PB2 and sunflower seed butter topped my bowl of oatmeal perfectly. 

 

 

DSC04825

 

Lunch was nothing super fancy smancy. I am a total addict of the apple/zucchini/cinnamon combo so I just had to have it AGAIN.  I tossed on a scoop of cottage cheese for protein. So good I tell you. Have you tried this yet?  You should, it rocks. 

 

DSC04838

 

I also had an open faced PB&J.

 

 

DSC04836

 

And I finished lunch with a Pumpkin Cupcake.  Yeah, these bad boys are delicious.  Charlie tried one and even he likes them. Go get yourself a box of cake mix and a can of pumpkin. In less then 30 minutes you will have a warm treat.

 

DSC04815

 

D is at school and Charlie is working from home.  I can’t remember the last time we were in our house alone.  I think it has been about 3 years.  D slept over my mom’s house when she still lived in MA and I think he was only 2 yrs old.  He doesn’t sleep away from home much.  Every time I ask if he wants to sleep over my nephew’s house he tells me that I have to sleep over too.  Too bad Charlie actually has to work. It would be nice to just sit and have a conversation without getting interrupted every 2 minutes.  He is on a conference call at the moment – oh well.

I planned ahead this week for a few dinners and I already have tonight’s in the making. 

Here are the ingredients.  Any guesses?

 

DSC04830

 

Come back later to see what I have cooking in the Crock Pot – a mother’s best friend. 

Have an awesome day.

7 comments:

polly said...

mmmm chili?? :)

Love you, friend. Have a fab week, and enjoy that time alone with Charlie! Preschool is so fun, it gives everybody a fun time to do their own thing, then you get to come back together and share a huge hug and hear stories.

Hope the soup is yummolicious.

Did you see my pumpkin-raspberry-banana combo? Do you think you'd like that? Does pumpkin count as a root veggie? XOXOXOXOOXOXO

VeggieGirl said...

Polly beat me to it!! I was going to guess chili as well :)


Happy Monday, dear Sammie!

Erica said...

yes- def looks like a chili meal to me! That lunchy does look good..I just wish I liked cottage cheese. Maybe I could try ricotta instead? Enjoy your time alone ;) I think he could take a break for a half hour or hour... ;)

Mama Pea said...

Kinda new those cupcakes were going to be trouble. Enjoy your chili makin!

MelissaNibbles said...

Everyone beat me to it, but my guess was chili.

I agree, crock pots are a lifesaver!

Enjoy your day and I hope you and Charlie get a few hours of alone time.

Alyssa said...

Chili!

Steph said...

Mmmm...looks like chili to me :)

I love my crockpot too, especially to make soup in the colder months!