Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Zucchini Oat bran

I am sure the title does not surprise you, especially if you have been following my blog for a while.  You all know that I concoct some pretty wacky things to eat and this morning I whipped up another odd ball.

I decided to work in some greens for breakfast – Zucchini Oat Bran anyone? 

 

DSC04461

 

I shredded a small zucchini and added it to the pot along with 1/2 a cup oat bran, 1/2 a scoop Jay Robb Vanilla Rice Protein powder and water.  I let the mix cook for a while, adding more water as needed – I do not like my oats to dry, I like them fluffy and moist. I added a good dose of cinnamon and 1/2 a cup frozen blueberries when the consistency was to my liking.

 

DSC04463

 

I topped it off with a tablespoon of Sunflower Seed Butter (I had to bust out a new jar this morning) and a tablespoon of TJ’s Pumpkin Butter.

It was delicious.  I do wish that I could taste the zucchini more but it kind of gets lost with all the other flavors going on.  It is a good way to sneak in veggies and not even know it – well besides the fact that there are green streaks throughout the bowl. 

On top of being super yummy, it was a great post-workout masterpiece.  At the gym this morning I did 30 minutes on the Elliptical, 30 minutes on the Arc Trainer (both machines I used were the ones with moving handles – I can not stand the ones that do not work your arms) and then I ventured into the land of free weights.  After a little foam rolling I boogied home to clean off the grime.  I walked into a very loud house this morning.  D was in his room playing the drums while daddy was still in bed.  At least he closed our bedroom door to try to let Charlie sleep a little more.  I really can not even imagine what it will be like when my house is no longer crazy – I will be so bored.  Another thought - what if there were two monkeys strutting about – YIKES!!!  I think that our little family is just right.  Although, I do see pregnant ladies and can not help but feel that little pull on my heart for a wee one.  Then I remind myself how easy D is now and what it would be like to start all over again. Charlie is probably shaking his head if he is reading this. 

Back to school today for the D Man which means that I might be able to get some cleaning done around the homestead.  I really need to break out the vacuum and run a dust rag over a few surfaces. 

I hope you have a great day.

5 comments:

fitforfree said...

I've made zucchini oatmeal and LOVE it, so I can only imagine this was delicious! Love SB too :)

Olivia said...

A quiet house? What's that?? :)

carolinebee said...

Sammie your hair is so cute but growing it will be a fun adventure!! I know Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie have some cute little winter caps :D

Sammie said...

Carolinebee,
Thanks for the info - I had did not know that Anthro has hats. I am definitely going to check them out.

Charlie said...

TWO?

AHHHHHHHH!