Friday, September 11, 2009

Surprise

So sorry that I have been MIA today.  Yesterday I got a huge surprise – My Mom is here. Charlie asked me to stop by my sis’s house yesterday because a late birthday gift was supposedly delivered there for me.  I never thought that I would pull in and see my Mom.  It is so great to see her.  The last time I saw her was in January and it was a very quick visit – like an hour.   She came to see D off to his first day of school.  Yup, he started today and loved it.

 

firstdayofPreschool

 

Before school he ate a good lunch so that he was fully fueled and ready to play with all his new friends.

 

 

eatinglunch 

 

To back up a bit, I started my day with a 7 mile run and a delicious bowl of Blueberry oats topped with Pumpkin Pie Dessert Hummus and PB2.  The blueberries are actually Maine Wild blueberries that my Mom brought for me.  These little gems are so sweet – love them!!! 

Some of you have asked what flavor dessert hummus is my favorite. Of the ones that I have tried, the Toasted Almond still reigns supreme. Although, the Pumpkin Pie is giving it a run for the money.

 

BBOatswithPB2&PumpkinPieHummus

 

For lunch this afternoon I whipped up a pretty fancy egg salad.  I mashed up a hard boiled egg with a tablespoon of mayo (365 Briand).  I then added chick peas, red pepper, zucchini and a drizzle of Ray’s Jameson Tavern mustard. I ate it with a mini whole wheat pita. It will definitely be a repeat mix.  The flavors were right on.

 

 

eggsaladwithchickpeas

For dinner I actually made some chicken that I did, in fact, consume.  I purchased this package this week and decided to see how my body handles it. 

I marinated the 3 breast overnight in a marinade that I whipped up – 1 cup orange juice, the juice of 1 lemon, balsamic (I eyeballed it), oregano, salt and pepper.

I baked the chicken in the oven – so simple.  I would have liked to grill it but our grill in still out of order.

 

chicken

 

Oh boy, that marinade is killer. The chicken was so full of the citrus flavor and it was super moist.  I topped a bed of lettuce with one of the chicken breasts along with some roasted veggies.  I roasted a bell pepper (from my sis’s garden), red pepper, summer squash (another sis’s garden delight) and a small white potato.  For dressing I added a little water to some mustard and then drizzled it over the top.  This monster salad was YUM!!!!

 

 

saladwithchicken&roastedveg

Look who I got to eat dinner with. So great to have my mom at my house.

Now that my little monkey is tucked into bed, we are going to watch a movie.

 

dinnerwithMimi

 

I will leave you with a picture of my super studious boy. I taught him how to spell his last name yesterday.  He is really getting the hang of the writing thing.

 

 

letterC

I hope you have a great night and a fabulous weekend.  I am not sure when I will be back.  I am going to enjoy the time that I have with my Mom – she is leaving on Sunday.  

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Ahh, little D looks stunning on his first day of school :)

Have a glorious weekend with Mom!! Definitely cherish your time together.

Meredith said...

Seriously, D is so handsome! He is going to be charming the girls at school for sure.

Have fun with your Mom!

Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) said...

I love that they surprised you with a visit from your mom! And D looks so handsome...did I miss when he got his haircut? He looks so grown up.

Enjoy every second with that mom of yours. Maybe we can catch up next week when the kiddos are in school!

Erica said...

What a fabulous day and a wonderful surprise! Glad D's first day went well!!

wholebodylove said...

I love the pic of D with his backpack! What a handsome little student.